Sign in to follow this  
lavell12

Will the Magic have to over pay to keep JJ now?

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

I think JJ is going to be gone. Someone is going to give him good money, and we will not match.

We are going to be thin at SG and SF once Barnes and JJ are gone. Hope Otiz has something up his sleeve. I want a Championship!!!

Instead of going overboard why not listen to what SVG says instead.

"Our intention now is to match (any offer he receives),''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...ny-offer-for-redick/

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

I think its going to boil down to JJ's belief in the Magic. They're going to have to promise him things, like starting, and they're going to have to semi franchise him in a way. Get him to believe that his place is here, and a long term contract will be negotiated in the near future.

Actually, all they need to do is match the offer...

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

I think JJ is going to be gone. Someone is going to give him good money, and we will not match.

We are going to be thin at SG and SF once Barnes and JJ are gone. Hope Otiz has something up his sleeve. I want a Championship!!!

Otis has taught Stan well...

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

I think its going to boil down to JJ's belief in the Magic. They're going to have to promise him things, like starting, and they're going to have to semi franchise him in a way. Get him to believe that his place is here, and a long term contract will be negotiated in the near future.

no it's not, not even, none of that is true, in fact, all that has to happen is Orlando has to match any offer he gets, bingo bango it's done.

quote:

quote:

We get it PEC.

quote:

quote:

Hmm..

Before reading this my response would've been that we won't have to overpay to keep him because we're not gonna over pay for him.

my theory is that someone else is going to want him, meaning they are going to over pay him so the Magic will have a harder time matching. the only way another team could get him is to overpay, and I see that happening the question is do the Magic match an offer that is overpaying him?

Considering what NY just paid Amare, Memphis just paid Rudy and Atl just paid Johnson...Im a little worried JJ may not be with us next year.

Heck, the Knicks are probably talking about giving him a max contract right now if they don't get Lebron.

We need ya JJ. Come back please so I don't have to watch Wincanity so freakin much.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

my theory is that someone else is going to want him, meaning they are going to over pay him so the Magic will have a harder time matching. the only way another team could get him is to overpay, and I see that happening the question is do the Magic match an offer that is overpaying him?

It may not be so much the $$ but the length of the contract. JJ is probably looking for a long term committment.