30Assists

Would Bosh signing free up Haslem?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

yea but if haslem came off the bench for bosh he'd only get like 10min per game....

so i think he'd most likely be traded

I'd be more like 15+ min given they will likely blow out a lot of teams and Haslem can also play some Center.

Just because someone CAN play center doesn't mean they should, and it doesn't mean they're good at it.

yeah, the celts, us, if bron goes back to cleveland.. even atlanta and charlotte can have some pretty big men in the middle. haslem can't bang down there against the likes perkins.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yea but if haslem came off the bench for bosh he'd only get like 10min per game....

I'd be more like 15+ min given they will likely blow out a lot of teams and Haslem can also play some Center.

Just because someone CAN play center doesn't mean they should, and it doesn't mean they're good at it.

yeah, the celts, us, if bron goes back to cleveland.. even atlanta and charlotte can have some pretty big men in the middle. haslem can't bang down there against the likes perkins.

Is Bass a Center? No! If Howard and Gortat are in fould trouble against the Celtics who would play some minutes at center? Bass! Spolestra has played Haslem at center in the past and wouldn't be surprised if Haslem would see some minutes there if they don't have a back up center.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is Bass a Center? No! If Howard and Gortat are in fould trouble against the Celtics who would play some minutes at center? Bass! Spolestra has played Haslem at center in the past and wouldn't be surprised if Haslem would see some minutes there if they don't have a back up center.

The point that they are trying to make it that it would not be an ideal situation for either Bass/Haslem to play center because neither have the length to be effective against other legitimate NBA centers....on either end of the court.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The point that they are trying to make it that it would not be an ideal situation for either Bass/Haslem to play center because neither have the length to be effective against other legitimate NBA centers....on either end of the court.

I don't disagree with that. I wouldn't want to Bass at center or Haslem at center if this was a magic player either, but there may be times where Haslem would have to play center in Miami or Bass here in Orlando

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't disagree with that. I wouldn't want to Bass at center or Haslem at center if this was a magic player either, but there may be times where Haslem would have to play center in Miami or Bass here in Orlando

but in the event they do run oneal and haslem as their main centers, i'm sure dwight would go into that game with a pretty big smile on his face.

hmm.. dwight's stats really don't show up to be amazing against the heat last year, and they were running oneal and haslem at the center right? and anthony of course.

Especially if O'neal signs there, it just seems like there's no room for Haslem. If I were him, I'd look around and try for a team where I could get starter minutes.

He wasn't a starter in Miami because of the offense they run. He was a starter when SVG was coaching, yeah? Seem to remember him playing pretty well in those days...

If he's a FA now? So much the better.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Especially if O'neal signs there, it just seems like there's no room for Haslem. If I were him, I'd look around and try for a team where I could get starter minutes.

He wasn't a starter in Miami because of the offense they run. He was a starter when SVG was coaching, yeah? Seem to remember him playing pretty well in those days...

If he's a FA now? So much the better.

Wasn't SVG system different in Miami? I'm sure. Haslem wouldn't fit here just like Bass doesn't.

He's a little more heady player than Bass, though. Pretty sure SVG's system was a little different, considering his main guy was D'Wade with no real center.

Haslem's always played good help defense and doesn't seem to need to dominate the defense. The main harp on Bass this year was that he seemed lost on defensive rotations and made the wrong decisions on offense.

I don't think the two are comparable.