Sign in to follow this  
mont

name 4 better 2 guards than vince carter right now.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

and please have info to back it up. also how did vince match up with them.

Kobe Bryant

Jason Richardson

Brandon Roy

Dwayne Wade

Ray Allen

Kevin Martin

John Salmons

Ben Gordon

Rip Hamilton

JR Smith

Eric Gordon

Monte Ellis

Manu Ginobili

Caron Butler

JJ Reddick

Joe Johnson

Stephen Jackson

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

How about you give us your reasoning for Vince being better than any of those mentioned so far?

Give him five minutes, he'll post a video of Vince doing a bunch of dunks with the Raptors.

lol.

but no if were talking strictly 2guards. which takes out Iggy n what not.

It's realistically

Kobe

Wade

Roy

VC/Johnson

imo. Then the rest like Ray Ray are limited players.

Vince Carter is a great talent but pass his prime, and it's not that he didnt show up on offense, but his defense was horrible..Pierce ate him alive & he couldnt keep up with Allen for anything..I am one that feels he had his chance, tisk tisk..But, if he still is in a MAgic jersey then I am going to continue to root for him.

4 SGs better than Vince? Well I'll judge him by our most important game of the most important series of the season, against the Celtics.

1. Me

2. My grandmother

3. Jeryl Sasser

4. The corpse of Gary Coleman

quote:

quote:

He didn't even have that good of a regular season.

16.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 42% shooting, 36% from three. Those are not the numbers of an elite two guard. He's washed up, he's not a player capable of taking the game over on a nightly basis. He's only capable of doing it once in a while, and he's going to get worse before he gets better. I think anyone who isn't a member of the Vince Carter fanclub realizes that.

those numbers wouldnt possibly have anything to do with having a dislocated shoulder and hurt ankles and knees, for part of the season would they?

Oh yea that reminds me of the Suns game where Wince oops I mean Vince went out again, because his ankle hurt.

While at the same time Redick also hurt his ankle went to the sidelines and got it taped out and went out again. Then he twisted it further went back to the locker room got it retaped and yes went back out on the court.

Any little pain makes Carter useless to the Magic and he was like that too often while others went out and played.

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

Well, VC is still a top 10 SG in this game. If we can somehow get CP3 and keep VC, that will be just insane!

If we could get CP3 and get rid of VC that would be insanely great.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

He didn't even have that good of a regular season.

16.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, 42% shooting, 36% from three. Those are not the numbers of an elite two guard. He's washed up, he's not a player capable of taking the game over on a nightly basis. He's only capable of doing it once in a while, and he's going to get worse before he gets better. I think anyone who isn't a member of the Vince Carter fanclub realizes that.

those numbers wouldnt possibly have anything to do with having a dislocated shoulder and hurt ankles and knees, for part of the season would they?

Oh yea that reminds me of the Suns game where Wince oops I mean Vince went out again, because his ankle hurt.

While at the same time Redick also hurt his ankle went to the sidelines and got it taped out and went out again. Then he twisted it further went back to the locker room got it retaped and yes went back out on the court.

Any little pain makes Carter useless to the Magic and he was like that too often while others went out and played.

Remember when Redick got nailed in the head needing some stitches in his scalp. He returned to play that game. Vince would have had a whambulance take him to his pediatrician.