Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Update from Three Separate Sources

^ So far, yeah.

Terrible metaphor, but it's been that kind of day in the FA market and with such lucrative deal's being handed out..

I'm just going onto say he isn't bi-annual money, he's more.

smile_svgsad.png

Thanks for the info Soul.

I've gotta say, it's great following a team that has a front office that's willing to do what it takes to win. Some of these things may not work out, hell none of them perhaps...but at least Otis is doing what he can to increase the chances that they do. Being a Bucs fan I've had my fill of an ownership group that refuses to spend money to bring in legit talent.

IF every part of Soul's info actually happens our team would be as close to unbeatable as a professional team can be. If these numbers are correct here are the financial implications if all of this went down.

Paul: $14,940,152

Posey: $6,478,600

Okafor: $11,540,375

Boozer: Gortat and Bass combine for $10,322,320, so I'll assume Boozer's salary is around that for the first year. I chose Bass instead of JJ because I'd have to guess JJ's 2010 salary.

Watson: $1,000,497

Allen: I'll assume he gets at least $3,500,000 of the MLE

Lewis: $20,514,000

Howard: $16,509,600

Pietrus: $5,300,000

Anderson: $1,409,040

Total: $91,514,584

That's without the two rookies because I don't know their salaries....I figure it's gotta be only around 1.5-2 million combined for both of them. Bringing us up to around 93m for 12 players.

Paul/Watson

Allen/Pietrus

Rashard/Posey/Robinson

Boozer/Anderson

Howard/Okafor/Orton

I assumed we let Barnes, JJ, Foyle, and Williams go. Would be great if JJ signed for the rest of our MLE, but I doubt it.

I believe these numbers are correct, and it's worst case scenario considering I have Posey and Okafor still listed. Obviously $93 freaking million dollars is way too high, so looking at it from this perspective it's clear why these trades are coming along slowly. Otis sure has some work to do.

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

So if the super team doesn't form before the 8th, what happens? smile_svgsad.png

We sign Steve Blake, let Barnes walk, match JJ's full mid level contract, and call it a day.

We'd still be short a small forward unless Pietrus starts and Stanley Robinson becomes a mega steal as a rookie.

if we get paul-posey-okafor-boozer then the rest of our team is going to be minimum type guys. We'll trade bass, wont resign JJ, and we wont use the MLE unless we trade pietrus too.

rotation would be Paul-Pietrus-lewis-boozer-howard starting

minimum pg- posey- anderson-okafor

orton and robinson for depth.

Like others, I don't understand why Otis would only go for CP3 if Lebron, DWade and Bosh team up. That just doesn't make sense to me. You have the possibility to pair arguably the best PG in the game with the best C and you're waiting to see if another team loads up before going for it. It seems too reactionary for Otis whose mantra has always been not to react to what other contenders are doing.

I agree with pretty much everyone on the board and I say make the trade anyway regardless if the big 3 go to the Heat or not. Even if Wade and Bosh team up and go to Miami together, I'd be more worried about Lebron and anyone else going to Chicago. I think this trade is a no-brainer and it's it definitely make these other teams panic. The Bulls would scare me more than any other team in the East if they can somehow land Lebron and one of the 2nd tier PF's like Stoudamire, Boozer, or even David Lee.

I truly believe we would get destroyed in the playoffs if we only make minor changes to our roster. If the Bulls add 2 more superstars on top of what they already have on the roster I really think they'd be the favorite to win the East and maybe even the Finals.

C'mon Otis work your Magic, This trade needs to be done like yesterday.

yea another thing to worry about is if these teams w/$ strike out in FA, then cant they just take back these contracts, ship out a pick or two and pick up paul? if this trade was on the table then otis has to pull the trigger, soon!

Nah, cuz I dont think Paul would agree to a deal on a worse team. If a team like the Nets strike out, would Paul really want to go there by himself? Im not so sure. The idea of playing with Dwight is a big reason we even have a shot at him, imo. These guys want to play with other elite players.