Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Another PF option

On top of the fact that Dirk is staying in Dallas because he wants to I can almost guarantee we would be the last team Dallas would work an SnT with after what we pulled on them with Bass and Tat last year.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Drew Skyy:

Truly though, it would be great to have Dirk, but I don't think he would actually put us over the top.

Really???

Yeah BMP, I really believe that he would not put us over the top. Dwayne Wade or Chris Paul would put us over the top, but I don't see Dirk doing what either of those two could. Could you???

quote:

quote:

quote:

Truly though, it would be great to have Dirk, but I don't think he would actually put us over the top.

Really???

Yeah BMP, I really believe that he would not put us over the top. Dwayne Wade or Chris Paul would put us over the top, but I don't see Dirk doing what either of those two could. Could you???

You mean being a high level scorer? Absolutely. He has done it his entire career.

quote:
Originally posted by London Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I just don't understand why Wade or James don't want to come play with the Magic. We're just a play like them away from winning a championship. We got all the right players around them. Orlando just looks like the perfect place to win championships. Better than New York, Chicago,Miami or New Jersey. We really need a star wing player. Maybe we can trade for Anthony somehow. It's just so obvious that we need a go to guy that can take over games and hold leads. I mean damm we do have DWIGHT HOWARD here. Who wouldn't want to play with him.

I Feel Exactly The Same Way!!

It Baffles Me To Think Why Wade Or James Don't Force A Trade To Orlando?? We Have All The Right Pieces There, With 1 of them 2 here its a Championship 99.9% Straight Away & For A few Years After That To!

To Add Great Weather All year round & No STATE taxes = More $$$$$!!!!!!!

It makes sense in every aspect surely!?

And I am right there with both of you. I think it all comes down to money for them. Can't say I blame them, but they could just be truthful...

Can you hear them???

LBJ: Well, I really do wan't a championship, but right now I need to establish myself as the richest man in sports.

Wade: Yeah, I'm with LBJ. I mean, I fall all of the time, so I need to set myself finacially first, then I'll try to get with a winning team.

Bosh:

Like they said I.... Wait, let me twitter my fans, see what they say and get back to you on that.

Boozer:

Well heck folks, you didn't see Boozer part 1 when I left LBJ standing in Ohio??? I mean, who want's to live there. I already showed my intensions back then.

Shaq:

Oh.......

Nevermind.

quote:

You mean being a high level scorer? Absolutely. He has done it his entire career.

No.. I mean being a whole package. Dirk can flat-out score. That isn't my concern at all. He can't defend his position at all. I don't see him being any better at defense at PF that Shard is, and that is scary. Just my opinion.

My thought is this... We did the VC thing. We did the Shard thing. Neither put us over the top. If we are going to spend Dirks kinda money, let's get someone who can do that.

Now someone who could put us "Over The Top", would need to bring the following to the table:

1) Create his own shot! Shard can't for the most part and VC who used to is beyond that.

2) Defend his position well and rebound well. Neither do that.

3) Get others into the game.... Make others around better. Our team spent the entire season carying Shard and VC's butts. That doesn't count as making others better. At least not in my mind.

4) Distribute the ball well. Look for the open man. Their assist stats speak for themselves.

I see Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade as the two people in this league that fit that bill. Theyare worth every penny we could give to get them. I just don't se Dirk as being in either of their leagues when it comes to these things and I think Dirk is a great baller, but not that great.

quote:

quote:

No.. I mean being a whole package. Dirk can flat-out score. That isn't my concern at all. He can't defend his position at all. I don't see him being any better at defense at PF that Shard is, and that is scary. Just my opinion.

My thought is this... We did the VC thing. We did the Shard thing. Neither put us over the top. If we are going to spend DSirks kinda money, let's get someone who can do that.

Now someone who could put us "Over The Top", would need to bring the following to the table:

1) Create his own shot! Shard can't for the most part and VC who used to is beyond that.

2) Defend his position well and rebound well. Neither do that.

3) Get others into the game.... Make others around better. Our team spent the entire season carying Shard and VC's butts. That doesn't count as making others better. At least not in my mind.

4) Distribute the ball well. Look for the open man. Their assist stats speak for themselves.

I see Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade as the two people in this league that fit that bill. Theyare worth every penny we could give to get them. I just don't se Dirk as being in either of their leagues when it comes to these things and I think Dirk is a great baller, but not that great.

Dirk can do all of those things. Extremely underrated defensively. Is a career 20+ ppg player, extremely efficient, current assist numbers and assist percentage indicate he's a more willing passer than Carter was this season. He's also a good rebounder, gets to the line a lot (which is great), is one of the most reliable players in the clutch, and actually performs much better in the playoffs.

Part of me thinks you have never seen Dirk play...

Hey, it's my opinion and I am sticking to it. Of course I have seen Dirk play. I also have not seen him come close to getting a championship either. Now, if Cuban had resigned Nash, that would have been a different story, but we all know how that worked out.

It's all good though.. You want him here and I don't. Neither of us have a say in that in the end. Good chattin with ya mate.

Are you forgetting 2006 when that Dallas team was up 2-0 against Miami in the NBA Finals? Dirk could not have been any closer. Had they played 5 on 5 for the remainder of games (and not 8 miami vs 5 dallas), Dirk today would have a Finals MVP, regular season MVP, and a championship ring. Whammy.

quote:

Are you forgetting 2006 when that Dallas team was up 2-0 against Miami in the NBA Finals? Dirk could not have been any closer. Had they played 5 on 5 for the remainder of games (and not 8 miami vs 5 dallas), Dirk today would have a Finals MVP, regular season MVP, and a championship ring. Whammy.

Yeah, and if my grandma had balls, she woulda been my grandpa, but she didn't and Dirk did not win that ring.

quote:
Dirk can do all of those things. Extremely underrated defensively. Is a career 20+ ppg player, extremely efficient, current assist numbers and assist percentage indicate he's a more willing passer than Carter was this season. He's also a good rebounder, gets to the line a lot (which is great), is one of the most reliable players in the clutch, and actually performs much better in the playoffs.

Part of me thinks you have never seen Dirk play...

Stop worrying about Dirk anymore. He is off the FA list. Gone, done, finito.

quote:

quote:

Yeah, and if my grandma had balls, she woulda been my grandpa, but she didn't and Dirk did not win that ring.

But winning two games in the NBA Finals isn't "close"?