Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Boozer or Bosh?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by iconoftheyear10:

ive always been a fan of bosh he would help spread the field and draw the double team off dwight.

[ ] basketball is played on a field

i thought it was played in a rink

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Boozer has a better chance of coming ghere.

Why? Bosh wants a sign and trade, so that gives us just as much of a chance as any other team out there including teams under the salary cap. Plus the Raptors need a C to keep Bargnani at PF, which makes Gortat a nice piece for them. I actually think Bosh has the most realistic chance of ending up here of any of the top tier FA's entering free agency, especially if we're willing to work something out to bring Turk back.

Orlando doesn't need another paycheck player w/durability issues who's peaked. Boozer shows up with a lot more frequency than VC, but I've seen games where its not hard to understand why he clashed so often with Sloan. Besides, he's older than Bosh, no contest.

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

quote:

Why? Bosh wants a sign and trade, so that gives us just as much of a chance as any other team out there including teams under the salary cap. Plus the Raptors need a C to keep Bargnani at PF, which makes Gortat a nice piece for them. I actually think Bosh has the most realistic chance of ending up here of any of the top tier FA's entering free agency, especially if we're willing to work something out to bring Turk back.

I am about 95% sure that bargnani plays C. Not that they havent tried to move him to the 4, his mobility issues have mitigated the transition thus far, from what I understand. If they were to acquire Gortat and Lewis however, he would have to play the 4.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

quote:

I am about 95% sure that bargnani plays C. Not that they havent tried to move him to the 4, his mobility issues have mitigated the transition thus far, from what I understand. If they were to acquire Gortat and Lewis however, he would have to play the 4.

If Bargnani plays the 5 than that just proves how badly they need a center.

We already have a star who fades in big moments of the playoffs, keep Boozer as far away as possible from this team. Hell I remember one season(09?) Kyle Korver blocked more shots than Boozer did.

Bosh, and it's not even close. I'd rather keep VC's expiring and see what could be had at the deadline than offer Boozer a huge contract.

I voted Boozer, but the more I think about it, Bosh is the definite answer. Other than Dirk, he is the best fit of any player in FA. (outside wade and Bron) Dirk wont happen. Bosh could.

Bosh's ability to both hit the mid range jump shot or drive and finish strong make him much more of a concern for defenses than Lewis. His defense would also bring something to the table that this team hasnt had in a long time. A big man that can defend on the perimeter.

No longer will we not be able to defend the Dirks and the Gasols of the league. Work your Magic Otis.

When has Boozer faded away in the playoffs? I assume you're referring to the series against LA, then? I'll take fading to the tune of 16/13 against a Bynum/Gasol frontline.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

When has Boozer faded away in the playoffs? I assume you're referring to the series against LA, then? I'll take fading to the tune of 16/13 against a Bynum/Gasol frontline.

No one is going to have to worry about which one to get. There are reports that Bosh is going to miami. I just read it on prosportsdaily.com

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

No one is going to have to worry about which one to get. There are reports that Bosh is going to miami. I just read it on prosportsdaily.com

There's a bunch of reports of him and Lebron to Miami; I guess we will see soon.

Either one of these guys would be a huge pickup for us. I really don't know which one to pick.