Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic offer QO to Redick

quote:
The Magic have made a qualifying offer to free agent-to-be J.J. Redick. The procedural move will allow them to match any offer sheet Redick might sign from another team during the free agency period. Redick has said all along that his preference is to return to the Magic.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0625,0,2724846.story

I think he would be a good starter to, against most teams.

No real surprise here. The qualifying offer had to be extended to ensure that Redick was a restricted free agent.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

i'd prefer redick off the bench still if he were to return. don't see him as a starter on a title team in this league.

Don't know that. Thought VC could do better but we all know how that went. Never know

It's so funny.. just a season and a half ago, 90% of the talking heads on this forum would have a stroke if you told them that down the road, the Orlando Magic would offer a 3.8 million dollar QO to J.J. Redick.

Now, barely anyone blinks an eye.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

It's so funny.. just a season and a half ago, 90% of the talking heads on this forum would have a stroke if you told them that down the road, the Orlando Magic would offer a 3.8 million dollar QO to J.J. Redick.

That was before J.J. proved he was worth it.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

Redick is and AWESOME bench player. Maybe he'll step it up as a starter. Can someone post his stats as a started last season?

only games I remember are the first against the raptors and the amazing performance against the nuggets.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

That's what happens when a player starts producing. I'm a huge JJ fan and I would have been the first stroke victim if he received the qualifying offer while playing the way he did a year and a half ago.

I think the more playing time he gets, the better he performs. A lot of people say that he serves as a great bench player. This is true when he gets up to a starters quantity of minutes off the bench consistently. Anything less, I think it's hard for him to get a rhythm.

It'd be way too much of a gamble to purposefully delegate him as a starter next year. If we can get someone else, go for it for sure, but it may not end up that bad. Maybe he'll surprise us even more another season.