Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Bill Ingram is being told Wiz deal is in works...ANOTHER QUESTION @ BOTTOM PG2

it makes a world of difference when you stockpile unmovable assets. As long as you maintain movable assets, you can always be a factor in free agency and/or big trades. Classic example being Orlando even being mentioned in Chris Paul talks.

Gilbert will NOT opt out in year 4. Zero chance of happening, despite whatever he said. He's not leaving 40 million dollars on the table.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

This is why I want a role player trade almost more than a star player trade.

How many Randy Foye fans do you think will swarm to the forum to defend him? Exactly. There might be some peace and quiet around here for once.

I think you underestimate the number of Hinrich vs Jameer threads that would result.

If you add VC's numbers and what he did alone, I might be ok with VC on this team but you combine those numbers with his numbers the year before, his salary, and his ridiculous reaction to physical contact and his demeanor, makes me want his *** out of here. The Magic who faced the Lakers in the finals showed inexperience but toughness during adversity all year. The Magic of this previous year showed a lacked of heart and toughness during adversity and I think that came in some part due to VC and his demeanor.

Gilbert is solid but my problem besides his contract and health, is also, where do you put him? Next to Jameer at the 2 spot? Thats an horrible backcourt defensively and very undersize.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

The only positive thing that would come from this trade if it went down would be VCdaCarter and Thuglife going to the Wizards forums.

The mods could just ban them...

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

The only positive thing that would come from this trade if it went down would be VCdaCarter and Thuglife going to the Wizards forums.

The mods could just ban them...

we dont want to set that kind of precedent

quote:

If the mods could ban people for irritating others, this forum would be empty.

quote:
the Wizards are not interested in making a $4.8 million qualifying offer to Foye when they have to address other needs in the front court.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/

This is why I do not buy VC for Hinrich/Foye/Thornton trade. He is a restricted FA and Foye can sign elsewhere cheaper than $4.8M which then Wiz can match. If they match, which they probably won't, they will not be able to trade him until December.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
the Wizards are not interested in making a $4.8 million qualifying offer to Foye when they have to address other needs in the front court.

This is why I do not buy VC for Hinrich/Foye/Thornton trade. He is a restricted FA and Foye can sign elsewhere cheaper than $4.8M which then Wiz can match. If they match, which they probably won't, they will not be able to trade him until December.

Totally agree on that! Why should we trade away our best trading chip for those unproven players? Still if Washington want's to get rid of Hinrich, we still have the TPE.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

That's not how the game works. If Washington neglects to make the qualifying offer, Foye becomes a free agent and Washington loses the ability to match an offer.