Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Daniel Orton...

The more I think about it, the more I think Orton is a replacement for Bass than Gortat. He's a little undersized as a center, and is too raw to play right away as Dwight's backup. He makes Bass flexibile and he'll likely be racking up DNP-CDs while Anderson gets minutes.

I am suprised though. I was expecting a Matt Barnes replacement all the way. Orton is a solid prospect though, he should've stayed at Kentucky where he might have shined without Cousins and Patterson. But maybe he develops into a nice bench piece for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

The more I think about it, the more I think Orton is a replacement for Bass than Gortat. He's a little undersized as a center, and is too raw to play right away as Dwight's backup. He makes Bass flexibile and he'll likely be racking up DNP-CDs while Anderson gets minutes.

I am suprised though. I was expecting a Matt Barnes replacement all the way. Orton is a solid prospect though, he should've stayed at Kentucky where he might have shined without Cousins and Patterson. But maybe he develops into a nice bench piece for the Magic.

Uhhhh..stanley robinson is the matt barnes replacement.

Combine interview of Daniel Orton though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7jzcAIehE

quote:
Originally posted by JT Jag:

Orton is a guy who has the tools to develop into a 4 in the NBA, unlike a guy like Whiteside who is a pure C in every way and would be wasted with Dwight on the team.

Is Gortat not important?

anyone who watches the Magic understands how important out backup center is. Jesus Dwight has some intesne foul trouble games where we NEED Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

Uhhhh..stanley robinson is the matt barnes replacement.

Combine interview of Daniel Orton though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7jzcAIehE

No he's not....the dude was the second to last pick in the draft.

watching the interviews with orton lead me to believe that he's not the idiot that i thought he was.

if he can learn to play the pf position then i'm liking this pick. he plays solid defense, has good size & strength, and looks to have a nice jumper.

he's still very young and has huge potential.

He's the next Shaq. He shatters backboards.

Nah I'll give him and Robinson a chance.

quote:

I'm not going to complain. Didn't see it coming, but he's got potential.

Let's see if Otis actually keeps him.

potential to never see the floor. i doubt he will even be signed.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

welcome to orlando?

*** man.

this is stupid as hell. if they were interested in a center they should've went for hassan whiteside.

daniel orton? seriously?

Debonair, you have posted 206 times on this board, and I can't remember one of them being positive. I'd say your starting to hit troll status but you passed that a long time ago.

Ignore button works good.

Yes it does.