Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

I'm going to get way ahead of myself, because that's how I roll. I would say Dwight, Lewis, and Redick are our untouchable players. Dwight for obvious reasons, Lewis because of his contract and Redick because he is PERFECT for the team we (as fans) want to assemble. That leaves the rest as trade pieces:

Nelson

Duhon*

Carter

Richardson*

Pietrus

Robinson

Anderson

Bass

Gortat

Orton

* - Can't be traded for six months

Are there not enough pieces there to trade for not only Paul, but Melo as well? Let's say we send a package of Nelson/Carter/Gortat for Paul/Okafor. That leaves us with Paul, Howard, Redick, and Lewis as our untouchable players. We now have these trade pieces for next summer:

Duhon

Richardson

Pietrus

Robinson

Anderson

Bass

Okafor

Orton

Who knows who all will try to trade for Melo (if we get Paul then NY can probably sign him outright, as will some other teams, like New Orleans). But I still say there are some good pieces there to trade. Of course we would want them to take Okafor, and they probably wouldn't. Maybe Bass/Pietrus/picks for Melo? Haven't looked at any of the salaries to see what matches and not, but I think we have the pieces for it (or maybe I'm a homer, who knows).

Paul/Duhon

Redick/Richardson

Anthony/Robinson

Lewis/Anderson

Howard/_______/Orton

Ring City, let's go!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNumber:

Nobody but Howard is untouchable.

Howard is untouchable in the same sense that expensive art in a gallery is untouchable.

Lewis is untouchable in the same sense that battery acid is untouchable. Sure you could touch it, but you're going to get a huge chemical burn.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Like L4TW said, I included Redick though because he really is the best SG you can put with a trio like Howard/Paul/Anthony.

and we physically can't trade him...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Like L4TW said, I included Redick though because he really is the best SG you can put with a trio like Howard/Paul/Anthony.

and we physically can't trade him...

He could be a trade piece on the second half of my post.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
OrlandoMagicPat

great article by Howard Beck: The Summer of LeBron could soon give way to the Fall of Paul http://nyti.ms/ajbF8d

27 minutes ago via web

OMG HE KNOWS SOMETHING RIGHT?! Frowner

Oh, you...I have a beef with you.

from Fishybasi

"Got this text from my friend: "Magic willing to let go of Nelson. Nelson and Carter for CP3 in the works as we speak ... "

My friend has known this for a while. This is going to happen sooooon."

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

from Fishybasi

"Got this text from my friend: "Magic willing to let go of Nelson. Nelson and Carter for CP3 in the works as we speak ... "

You really didn't have to...

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

from Fishybasi

I know you mean well, but come on... he said the same thing on draft night, and just admitted in that thread he started that it wasn't real then, but you are supposed to believe him now.