Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

dirk on the magic wouldn't work the same way bosh or amar'e or boozer wouldn't work.

those guys like the ball in their hands and wouldn't accept getting less touches than dwight.

Dwight was 4th on the team in shots.

Greetings, it's 5 am and I can't sleep. I have been reading these threads for months on end and I finally decided to open an account. Here is what I think Otis is trying to accomplish:

He realizes that the current squad is still a contender and with a few pieces here and there, (possibly Allen, Watson) Orlando could very well possibly make it back to the finals. However, here is the catch....if LBJ, CB4, and Wade all decide to somehow join Chicago, this could spell trouble for Orlando. While Chicago currently isn't in a position to sign all 3, this isn't to say they couldn't indeed pull it off. Otis Smith realizes this, hence the reason he has decided to sit on his hands and wait. Smith realizes that it would be foolish to create the perfect storm in chicago by showing his cards too early. This is why he is putting on the Poker face. If Chitown pulls off a miracle, I believe Otis will most likely obtain CP3 at all costs, even if it means taking on Okafor and Posey.

Now, on to the good stuff. Assuming this "superteam" actually comes to fruition and that OS somehow pulls off a trade for CP3, this is how I see the remainder of his moves going:

I believe the only reason OS may be considering to take on Okafor's contract is so that he can somehow wheel and deal a trade for Hedo Turkoglu. Toronto understands that they foolishly signed Turkoglu to a lucrative deal and that obtaining a big in Okafor with a similar contract is the only way they can get rid of Turkoglu. I don't believe the media statements released by Turkoglu one bit, in terms of him accepting his role in Toronto. On top of that, I would not be shocked if OS went ahead and traded Gortat to Chicago for Luol Deng, which would have to include some other pieces here and there to make it work financially. The Bulls have made it quite clear they are in search of a legitimate center and the beauty of this trade is the fact that Gortat's trade value appears to be even more of a bargain to other teams, especially when you have teams like Toronto paying more money for half the talent of Gortat. The pressure to save cap room while obtaining a legit center will probably cause the Bulls to let Deng go. In a sense Smith could decide to help the Bulls strengthen their roster because he believes his team will be slightly better anyways. The lineups would look like this:

Orlando

Chris Paul

Hedo Turkoglu/Reddick

Luol Deng/Posey

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

Chicago:

Derrick Rose

Dwayne Wade

Lebron James

Chris Bosh

Noah/Gortat

I have read many people state that they are hoping for Lewis to move back to the three. I somewhat disagree with this, not because I don't think he can succeed (it is his natural position to begin with) but rather because his ability to stretch the floor is so vital to the Magic's style of play. With a playmaker in Chris Paul and a dominant big in Dwight, guys like Lewis and turkoglu would have a field day. Also, I believe a combination of CP3 and Turk can indeed work. Many believe turkoglu is inneffective without the ball in his hands but this isn't true at all. When he played for the Magic two seasons ago he only ran the point position when Nelson was out. Orlando was so depleted in the pg position that Turk HAD to handle the ball.

Just thought I might provide some insight for my first post lol.

Chris Paul to New Orleans Hornets: 'I want to win now'

With trade rumors continuing to swirl, New Orleans Hornets All-Star point guard Chris Paul said Friday that he doesn

quote:
Originally posted by Beast_Mode:

Greetings, it's 5 am and I can't sleep. I have been reading these threads for months on end and I finally decided to open an account. Here is what I think Otis is trying to accomplish:

He realizes that the current squad is still a contender and with a few pieces here and there, (possibly Allen, Watson) Orlando could very well possibly make it back to the finals. However, here is the catch....if LBJ, CB4, and Wade all decide to somehow join Chicago, this could spell trouble for Orlando. While Chicago currently isn't in a position to sign all 3, this isn't to say they couldn't indeed pull it off. Otis Smith realizes this, hence the reason he has decided to sit on his hands and wait. Smith realizes that it would be foolish to create the perfect storm in chicago by showing his cards too early. This is why he is putting on the Poker face. If Chitown pulls off a miracle, I believe Otis will most likely obtain CP3 at all costs, even if it means taking on Okafor and Posey.

Now, on to the good stuff. Assuming this "superteam" actually comes to fruition and that OS somehow pulls off a trade for CP3, this is how I see the remainder of his moves going:

I believe the only reason OS may be considering to take on Okafor's contract is so that he can somehow wheel and deal a trade for Hedo Turkoglu. Toronto understands that they foolishly signed Turkoglu to a lucrative deal and that obtaining a big in Okafor with a similar contract is the only way they can get rid of Turkoglu. I don't believe the media statements released by Turkoglu one bit, in terms of him accepting his role in Toronto. On top of that, I would not be shocked if OS went ahead and traded Gortat to Chicago for Luol Deng, which would have to include some other pieces here and there to make it work financially. The Bulls have made it quite clear they are in search of a legitimate center and the beauty of this trade is the fact that Gortat's trade value appears to be even more of a bargain to other teams, especially when you have teams like Toronto paying more money for half the talent of Gortat. The pressure to save cap room while obtaining a legit center will probably cause the Bulls to let Deng go. In a sense Smith could decide to help the Bulls strengthen their roster because he believes his team will be slightly better anyways. The lineups would look like this:

Orlando

Chris Paul

Hedo Turkoglu/Reddick

Luol Deng/Posey

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

Chicago:

Derrick Rose

Dwayne Wade

Lebron James

Chris Bosh

Noah/Gortat

I have read many people state that they are hoping for Lewis to move back to the three. I somewhat disagree with this, not because I don't think he can succeed (it is his natural position to begin with) but rather because his ability to stretch the floor is so vital to the Magic's style of play. With a playmaker in Chris Paul and a dominant big in Dwight, guys like Lewis and turkoglu would have a field day. Also, I believe a combination of CP3 and Turk can indeed work. Many believe turkoglu is inneffective without the ball in his hands but this isn't true at all. When he played for the Magic two seasons ago he only ran the point position when Nelson was out. Orlando was so depleted in the pg position that Turk HAD to handle the ball.

Just thought I might provide some insight for my first post lol.

Why are you so crazy about Hedo T