Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

yea ellis is nice but not for this team

Otiz loves his GS guys.... GS wants to build around Curry. GS would be willing to part with Ellis if the right deal comes along. Dont be surprised if its talked about in a few days.

5-10 Jameer and 6-2 180lb Ellis now that would be the most amazing defensive backcourt of the decade...and really who needs passing anyway assists are overated

Ellis was second in the league with 2.23 steals per game. Plus the fact that Dwight makes any player that is around him a better defensive player.. I think we will be alright. Besides..Ellis is light years ahead of VC on D.

cuz steals correlates to good D...

The only person with more steals then Ellis in the league was Rondo. Is Rondo a good defender.

Look I'm not saying Ellis is god's gift to defense. I'm just saying he is better then Vince on D. Therefor if we add Ellis we will have a player that unlike Vince...can attack the basket and create his own shot.

john stockton, nba steals leader for career

john stockton, lock down defender?

In NBA JAM his 99 steal power made him pretty darn good.

yeah. well here's some good data. Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, and C.J. Watson are all in the top 15 for steals per game.

Golden State, as a team, allowed 112.4 ppg which is worst in the league. They had the fastest pace too, but their defensive rating was also good for the second worst in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by sportsfanatic:

just heard that Dirk may know by tmrw if he's gunna re-sign with dallas.

now i'm just asking for conversational purposes...not saying i want it to happen or that it's at all possible. so before anyone gets their panties in a bunch and spits fire at me...this next question is just out of fun and for conversation bc i'm bored...

how do u think our team would be with Dirk on it?

dirk would be perfect on this team can you imagine that dirk and Dwight

quote:
Originally posted by Doublet23:

quote:
Originally posted by sportsfanatic:

just heard that Dirk may know by tmrw if he's gunna re-sign with dallas.

now i'm just asking for conversational purposes...not saying i want it to happen or that it's at all possible. so before anyone gets their panties in a bunch and spits fire at me...this next question is just out of fun and for conversation bc i'm bored...

how do u think our team would be with Dirk on it?

dirk would be perfect on this team can you imagine that dirk and Dwight

let dirk be our go-to scorer...he'd have a crap ton of open 3s to drain thanks to dwight down low...then put shard at the 3. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I feel like I'm reading posts by Ball Junkie and Mac Man. People, Jameer would be the starter in New Orleans, not Collison.

I personally disagree.

quote:
Jameer wouldn't be in the trade.

Okafur 10.5M

Paul 13.5M

for

Vince 16M

Gortat 6M

plus

Posey 6M for our trade exception

...they don't need a starting PG (Collison) they need legit 7' center to start plus they get a needed SG/SF who is still pretty darn good and they're only committed to him for the 1 yr rental so they also get cap relief. In addition we take their Posey contract for nothing to clear even more cap room

why would we trade for paul and still keep jameer?

quote:
Unless a third party comes in, I don't see how a trade could be possible. Jameer can't exist with either Collison or Paul. He could be a 6th man, but at the end of a game, it would be a **** small backcourt on D.

The more I look at this trade, the more I think it has no chance of happening.

I'll hold out hope until the 8th though.

We don't hold onto Jameer. We would use him to package with Okafor so that you get a starting quality PG and Center combined for $20M. Then taking on Okafor's contract isn't so daunting. Same logic as why we would take his contract for Paul only pass the buck further down the line.

so who fits that bill? Toronto/Knicks maybe?...

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I feel like I'm reading posts by Ball Junkie and Mac Man. People, Jameer would be the starter in New Orleans, not Collison.

I personally disagree.

The whole point of letting Paul go is because he is expendable with Collison making a tenth of his salary for similar results at a younger age. If Paul is traded, COLLISON is the new team PG. Why would they trade for another PG as the building block if they already have one? Gortat traded makes a lot more sense.

and smh i think lebron is gonna go to chicago with boozer. that would really suck especially for cavs fans lmfao but thats a good *** team

quote:

quote:

Okafur 10.5M

Paul 13.5M

for

Vince 16M

Gortat 6M

plus

...they don't need a starting PG (Collison) they need legit 7' center to start plus they get a needed SG/SF who is still pretty darn good and they're only committed to him for the 1 yr rental so they also get cap relief. In addition we take their Posey contract for nothing to clear even more cap room

quote:
Unless a third party comes in, I don't see how a trade could be possible. Jameer can't exist with either Collison or Paul. He could be a 6th man, but at the end of a game, it would be a **** small backcourt on D.

We don't hold onto Jameer. We would use him to package with Okafor so that you get a starting quality PG and Center combined for $20M. Then taking on Okafor's contract isn't so daunting. Same logic as why we would take his contract for Paul only pass the buck further down the line.

My arguement is that it doesn't make sense for either team, so unless the plan from NO is to trade for Nelson then trade him, I don't see it happening. NO doesn't want Nelson, but they'd like to shed salary. We can help in that department.

And personally, I'm still not convinced Otis isn't sold on Jameer. He's a shoot first PG on a team fully of shooters, yes. BUT, he is our lockeroom leader and captain, and does pull through in crunch time for us all the time.

Can't someone just give him growth hormones? A couple of inches for the man would make things a lot less stressful on us.

dirk on the magic wouldn't work the same way bosh or amar'e or boozer wouldn't work.

those guys like the ball in their hands and wouldn't accept getting less touches than dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

dirk on the magic wouldn't work the same way bosh or amar'e or boozer wouldn't work.

those guys like the ball in their hands and wouldn't accept getting less touches than dwight.

wow you're stupid

quote:
Originally posted by orlmgc4ever:

quote:

quote:

Okafur 10.5M

Paul 13.5M

for

Vince 16M

Gortat 6M

plus

quote:

quote:
My arguement is that it doesn't make sense for either team, so unless the plan from NO is to trade for Nelson then trade him, I don't see it happening. NO doesn't want Nelson, but they'd like to shed salary. We can help in that department.

And personally, I'm still not convinced Otis isn't sold on Jameer. He's a shoot first PG on a team fully of shooters, yes. BUT, he is our lockeroom leader and captain, and does pull through in crunch time for us all the time.

Can't someone just give him growth hormones? A couple of inches for the man would make things a lot less stressful on us.

All of this speculation is based on Paul demanding a trade and the team cost cutting because of the situation with change of ownership. If Paul as reported is asking for a trade then obviously its to a contender or he would stay in NO. NO then has to try to get the best value for him which in their financial situation is $ relief which any of the teams with substantial cap space can do and for teams with no cap space - the Magic have the best $ relief and talent need to give back. The problem for NO (& Paul) is that the teams with cap aren't "yet" contending teams - except for Chicago who have Rose already at PG.

*If Paul doesn't really want to leave NO then none of this matters.