Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by sportsfanatic:

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

quote:

does it kinda annoy anyone that whatever team gets these stars basically just bought a winning team. i understand free agents are a part of building a team, but i feel like we have built our team over the years through drafting dwight and jameer, and developing them...and going through the natural course and progression of becoming a good team over time. so does it tick anyone off that some organization is about to just 'buy' a winner, much like boston did in 08?

i am not going to lie if we could buy Wade and Boozer (not Lebron) i would and not feel bad about it at all

ya i guess i agree with that...i'm just bitter and jealous we aren't signing them icon_frown.gif

I see your point its like the yankees.... eh i hate them

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

Yeah I agree. We would need a huge trade to keep up and if they dont sign with chi i still hope we make that huge trade anyway.

quote:

I agree with you but getting Cp3 is not going to happen.....Getting anybody might not happen cause Otis wants to "Wait and See" and sit on his azz while other teams are making moves and players are dropping like flies....my fear is by the time Otis wants to wake up and make a move nobody is going to be left and what we have is the same team with better backup players...I like Otis but at this point playing the Pokerface game will probably cost us IMO

I like the ones that are realitisc on here, knowing we cant beat a super team unless we make one of our own.lol. I prefer to feel we have a chance then hoping we pull off a upset, I want it to be a even playing field on top of the league as we are now, but we need a change. Carter had his chance.

quote:

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

I was probably venting a little with my prior post but just can't believe that the Bulls may pass us by now that the Celtics are finally aging. I mean Wade, Bosh (or James), Noah, Rose, whatever they can get for Deng, Gibson, etc. is nasty good and young.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

Lebron, D. Wade & Bosh are all Magic killers..lol..Don't lie to yourself..lol.

quote:

I was probably venting a little with my prior post but just can't believe that the Bulls may pass us by now that the Celtics are finally aging. I mean Wade, Bosh (or James), Noah, Rose, whatever they can get for Deng, Gibson, etc. is nasty good and young.

yeah I hear ya like some one all ready said if it happens I will feel like its the 90's and I am hating the Bulls all over again (but respecting MJ and in this case Wade)

quote:

quote:

For arguments sake lets say it is Bosh instead of James. Rose will give Nelson all kinds of trouble on both ends. He has the size to really cause problems. Wade will eat Carter alive. Bosh and Noah are both very good players capable of putting Howard in foul trouble. Bosh is versatile enough to chase Rashard on the perimeter. Wade and Bosh are unselfish superstars and Noah and Rose have both shown they are team players at a very young age. The other deal being tossed around is Deng for Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla provides more size, fouls for Howard, and rebounding. Bayless is still a young player capable of providing a spark off the bench. I don't buy that this team can't mesh. Of course they will and they have far superior raw talent.

quote:

quote:

quote:

For arguments sake lets say it is Bosh instead of James. Rose will give Nelson all kinds of trouble on both ends. He has the size to really cause problems. Wade will eat Carter alive. Bosh and Noah are both very good players capable of putting Howard in foul trouble. Bosh is versatile enough to chase Rashard on the perimeter. Wade and Bosh are unselfish superstars and Noah and Rose have both shown they are team players at a very young age. The other deal being tossed around is Deng for Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla provides more size, fouls for Howard, and rebounding. Bayless is still a young player capable of providing a spark off the bench. I don't buy that this team can't mesh. Of course they will and they have far superior raw talent.

and they have a solid defensive minded new coach to top it off..ughhh

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and they have a solid defensive minded new coach to top it off..ughhh

lol it has not happened yet just remind yourselves of that