Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

that "Magical" is a joke, dude is going to live off the strength of that supposed "Pietrus info before anyone else had it" B.S.

don't forget bass & barnes!

i dont remember anything from Magical re: those two...nor do I care, insider info is like teets on a boar hog...

quote:

brand is a pf not a center..

yes your right what I meant is that he plays like an undersized center.

here is some Hollinger info: "What becomes harder to explain, however, is his inability to score in the paint since rupturing his Achilles tendon two years ago. In the two seasons since, he attempted 402 inside shots and nailed only 41.5 percent, a shockingly poor number for an interior player. Contrast that with the 54.6 percent conversion rate in the three seasons before the injury. And it gets worse. Brand developed a propensity for turnovers, and his previous ability to find the open man magically disappeared when opponents stopped doubling him. His appallingly bad minus-4.71 pure point rating was the second-worst among the league's 65 power forwards. Brand also drew fewer fouls, though the difference wasn't glaring. Combine the turnovers with his woeful 48.4 true shooting percentage and there were few guys who were less effective at the offensive end. The Sixers ran a lot through him too -- he was 11th among power forwards in usage rate. No wonder the offense looked so much better when he left the lineup.

Big picture, however, the numbers paint a discouraging picture of a guy who may no longer be an effective post scorer. In addition to his size disadvantage, Brand is now 30 and coming off a serious leg injury. Signs of his former explosiveness offer some hope -- he finished fifth among power forwards in blocks per minute and his rebound rate was unchanged -- but there's a decent chance the Sixers are paying $65 million over the next four years for a guy who can't bag his own shots anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

brand is a pf not a center..

yes your right what I meant is that he plays like an undersized center.

here is some Hollinger info: "What becomes harder to explain, however, is his inability to score in the paint since rupturing his Achilles tendon two years ago. In the two seasons since, he attempted 402 inside shots and nailed only 41.5 percent, a shockingly poor number for an interior player. Contrast that with the 54.6 percent conversion rate in the three seasons before the injury. And it gets worse. Brand developed a propensity for turnovers, and his previous ability to find the open man magically disappeared when opponents stopped doubling him. His appallingly bad minus-4.71 pure point rating was the second-worst among the league's 65 power forwards. Brand also drew fewer fouls, though the difference wasn't glaring. Combine the turnovers with his woeful 48.4 true shooting percentage and there were few guys who were less effective at the offensive end. The Sixers ran a lot through him too -- he was 11th among power forwards in usage rate. No wonder the offense looked so much better when he left the lineup.

Big picture, however, the numbers paint a discouraging picture of a guy who may no longer be an effective post scorer. In addition to his size disadvantage, Brand is now 30 and coming off a serious leg injury. Signs of his former explosiveness offer some hope -- he finished fifth among power forwards in blocks per minute and his rebound rate was unchanged -- but there's a decent chance the Sixers are paying $65 million over the next four years for a guy who can't bag his own shots anymore.

The quicker you understand Brand would be a throw in, the quicker this argument ends. We'd get Brand not because he's a good player, we'd get Brand because Iggy is a great player and Brand's contract would have to be included. Asides from all of that, he could still help team in more ways that Okafor ever would.

I'm seeing a lot of people mention Brand, Iggy, Paul, and Okafor.

Would there be anyway to take on Paul and Okafor for Vince and Meer. Then trade Okafor, Gortat, and Pietrus for Iggy and Brand? I know Okafors contract isnt the best and Otis is looking to dump it. Would that work out? If that is highly unlikely, just let me know. Its just a thought. If that were to happen.

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

Pretty beast. But I also understand, highly highly unlikely.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Would there be anyway to take on Paul and Okafor for Vince and Meer. Then trade Okafor, Gortat, and Pietrus for Iggy and Brand? I know Okafors contract isnt the best and Otis is looking to dump it. Would that work out? If that is highly unlikely, just let me know. Its just a thought. If that were to happen.

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this could happen. paul or iggy alone is still a stretch.

quote:

quote:

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this could happen. paul or iggy alone is still a stretch.

I figured, but I was just thinking of a team that we could possibly dump Okafors contract on and Okafor is basically a younger version of Brand in my opinion

quote:

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

Okafor gortat and pietrus for iggy and brand is very very very very unlikely

quote:

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

We probably won't be getting Paul OR Iggy, let alone both...

even so, the main reason the 76ers would want to dump Brand would be because of his contract. Why would they get rid of one guy with a bad contract for another with a horrible contract?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Paul/FA/JWill

Iggy/JJ

Lewis/Barnes/Robinson

Brand/Bass/Anderson

Howard/FA/Orton

We probably won't be getting Paul OR Iggy, let alone both...

even so, the main reason the 76ers would want to dump Brand would be because of his contract. Why would they get rid of one guy with a bad contract for another with a horrible contract?

I was thinking an upgrade in a position that has let them down so far since he has joined the team. But I guess I didn't realize that Brand's contract was that bad.