quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

I love how everyone was all about the Butler trade yet Deng who has a similar type game and is 5 years younger is ridiculous.

You have to love these forums.

Butler has an expiring, Deng on the other hand doesn't. I would hate taking the risk of having another GHill.

Deng wouldn't be coming here to save our franchise.

Why would we wanna overpay another player that isn't gonna help save the franchise? as you put it.

you act like he's got a max deal.

50 mill + for 4 yrs for a guy that has only played one full season in 5 years is overpaying. And I doubt he takes us over the hump.

oh come on, he's been playing for 6 years and 5 of them have been more than 60 games, three of them have been over 70 games.

you make it sound like the guy has had major injury problems

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I love how everyone was all about the Butler trade yet Deng who has a similar type game and is 5 years younger is ridiculous.

You have to love these forums.

Butler has an expiring, Deng on the other hand doesn't. I would hate taking the risk of having another GHill.

Deng wouldn't be coming here to save our franchise.

Why would we wanna overpay another player that isn't gonna help save the franchise? as you put it.

you act like he's got a max deal.

50 mill + for 4 yrs for a guy that has only played one full season in 5 years is overpaying. And I doubt he takes us over the hump.

oh come on, he's been playing for 6 years and 5 of them have been more than 60 games, three of them have been over 70 games.

you make it sound like the guy has had major injury problems

I would rather stick with what we have. Seems too risky.

I'd like this a lot more if it was Bass/MP, instead of Gortat/MP.

It would also be nyce if, um, Luol Deng could hit threes? Talk about not fitting the system.

Between the '06-'07 and '08-'09 seasons.. that would be THREE seasons, for those counting.. Deng shot a combined 17 of 49 from three point land for only 34.7%.. he at least improved last year to the tune of 38.6% percent off of 32 out of 83 shooting.

You know how Otis/SVG is.. if you're a wing player that's a mediocre three point shooter at best, you're probably not playing in Orlando unless you play some lockdown D to help make up for it (ie Barnes).

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

if LeBron sees the addition of Pietrus as the final straw before deciding on a team, than God bless his heart.

seriously. we'd be getting a good starter who supplies everything we need for 2 backup players who averaged a whopping 26 minutes per game combined last season.

people need to put aside all the bosh, amare, boozer stuff and start getting more realistic.

nobody is asking deng to be a #1 option.

some here want us to find a player with the size and athleticism of lebron, the play making of wade and the clutch shooting of kobe without giving up too much. at some point, reality needs to set in.

quote:

Deng/17th for Gortat/MP/29th makes more sense.

I'm with Jareth on this one. The only hesitation is Deng's contract, which is bloated. However, he's young and seems very coachable. I think he can still develop.

People act as if Boston slaughtered us in Games 1 and 2. Having a 3 that is an offensive threat to score and make Pierce work would have helped make those points up.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

nobody is asking deng to be a #1 option.

You're right, we'd be asking him to be (at best) a 3rd/4th option. We're still in need of a legitimate 2nd option, and depending on how you view it, a 1st option. On top of that, he's a poor three-point shooter, and has likely hit his peak as a player.

Sorry if I'm not salivating.

quote:
Originally posted by BriceC0815:

Im not saying any of this is true, but lets just say it is,i dont like the trade for orlando.. Luol deng is a solid player but hes been injury prone, besides last year and he makes alot of money over the next few years..

10/11: $10,370,425

11/12: $11,355,850

12/13: $13,326,700

13/14: $14,312,125

I could see chicago liking that deal because it makes them a deeper team, and peaches and gortat are considered to be defensive guys and with thibideau being the new coach, hes a defensive guy so he would definately like the deal.

Now we judge players based on their past injuries and not talent.