Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Magic workout 6 prospects

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think we'll choose Dominique if he is still on the board. It seems rather fishy Jameer likes him, and we need PG depth and a scoring punch off the bench. Plus, Otis is a master with his poker face.

You would think we would at least work-out Dominique though.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

If we get Dominique, that shifts our entire offseason. I can't picture us going after Watson at that point.

Agreed.

We invited him to the workout, but he declined after his workout with the Bulls.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think we'll choose Dominique if he is still on the board. It seems rather fishy Jameer likes him, and we need PG depth and a scoring punch off the bench. Plus, Otis is a master with his poker face.

You would think we would at least work-out Dominique though.

quote:

If we get Dominique, that shifts our entire offseason. I can't picture us going after Watson at that point.

Agreed.

We did, but he declined after his workout with the Bulls.

Not exactly true from what he told me. Still he was very vague about Orlando.

Yeah but Otis wouldn't even tell the Sentinel who was working out even though it was basically leaked.

I don't know. The rational part of my brain tells me we're gonna just select using the 29th on one of the guys mentioned. But the crazy part of my brain says Otis is up to something silly.

quote:

Yeah but Otis wouldn't even tell the Sentinel who was working out even though it was basically leaked.

I don't know. The rational part of my brain tells me we're gonna just select using the 29th on one of the guys mentioned. But the crazy part of my brain says Otis is up to something silly.

I agree. But there's also a good chance that the top 4 guys (Hobson, Ebanks, Crawford and Pondexter) could all be gone by our pick. Maybe they'd consider Vasquez at 29, but I doubt that Rautins would be the pick.

I think in the end, though, Otis will go the best player available route.

quote:

quote:

I agree. But there's also a good chance that the top 4 guys (Hobson, Ebanks, Crawford and Pondexter) could all be gone by our pick. Maybe they'd consider Vasquez at 29, but I doubt that Rautins would be the pick.

i dont think there's a good chance that those guys are ALL picked ahead of us. crawford's been jumping up draft boards and pondexter is the type of guy who could leap but hobson and ebanks will be there.

If not, that beans another guy we could use like Kevin Seraphin, Hassan Whiteside, or Damion James might fall to us.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

i dont think there's a good chance that those guys are ALL picked ahead of us. crawford's been jumping up draft boards and pondexter is the type of guy who could leap but hobson and ebanks will be there.

If not, that beans another guy we could use like Kevin Seraphin, Hassan Whiteside, or Damion James might fall to us.

The Knicks are targeting Hobson, and they plan on buying a late 1st round pick, too. He was a guy that really impress them in his workout over the weekend. He's also a good fit for D'Antoni's system.

As far as Ebanks, he's all over the place right now. He could go any where from the late-teens to the 2nd round.

what are the thoughts on James Anderson? this is another guy that I am intrigued by, a GREAT shooter/scorer/athlete and a good defender, I watched him more than say Hobson/Pondexter and he seems to be right in line with the other wings there in the lower half of the 1st round...

I think we have some pretty good options available to us, all of these SG/SF combos are pretty much the same type of gamble.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

what are the thoughts on James Anderson? this is another guy that I am intrigued by, a GREAT shooter/scorer/athlete and a good defender...I think we have some pretty good options on the wing in the bottom of the draft, they're all pretty much the same type of gamble.

SI.com has him falling to us at 29, but I don't see it. I think the Bulls or another squad scoops him up way before that. He's like a poor poor mans Joe Johnson.