Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Draft Profile: Jordan Crawford

He could be the slasher we need. He would need a lot of work defensively..

Oh and he's the one guy who scares LeBron ****less.

oh noez

quote:
Interestingly enough, Jordan Crawford was a non-factor until the end of the game. Slowed by nagging pressure defense and stifling man-to-man, Crawford was instantly transformed from the primary ball handler and shot creator to a role player, a shift to which he did not respond particularly well. While he started the game forcing shots and making ill-advised drives to the hoop, he soon started looking for teammates and using his athleticism to attack the basket and draw fouls.

This is not to say that Crawford looked like he could be a role player at the next level, which is his likely fate. In fact, the contrary was true. Crawford struggled with fewer touches and his frustration was visible, at times. He was unable to get into any sort of rhythm until he took it upon himself to bring Xavier to victory by relentlessly attacking the basket.

While he is a very good slasher, and tonight was no exception, he is going to have trouble adjusting to the next level if he cannot learn how to fulfill a role in an offense without having it feature him as the primary handler and scorer.

His lack of maturity and focus were also on full display last night, as well, bringing up further questions about his transition to the NBA. Tonight, he was one of Xavier

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

oh noez

quote:
Interestingly enough, Jordan Crawford was a non-factor until the end of the game. Slowed by nagging pressure defense and stifling man-to-man, Crawford was instantly transformed from the primary ball handler and shot creator to a role player, a shift to which he did not respond particularly well. While he started the game forcing shots and making ill-advised drives to the hoop, he soon started looking for teammates and using his athleticism to attack the basket and draw fouls.

This is not to say that Crawford looked like he could be a role player at the next level, which is his likely fate. In fact, the contrary was true. Crawford struggled with fewer touches and his frustration was visible, at times. He was unable to get into any sort of rhythm until he took it upon himself to bring Xavier to victory by relentlessly attacking the basket.

While he is a very good slasher, and tonight was no exception, he is going to have trouble adjusting to the next level if he cannot learn how to fulfill a role in an offense without having it feature him as the primary handler and scorer.

His lack of maturity and focus were also on full display last night, as well, bringing up further questions about his transition to the NBA. Tonight, he was one of Xavier

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="640"

>

value="never"

>

value="transparent"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

allowScriptAccess="never"

wmode="transparent"

height="385"

width="640"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63aAGZjrVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

/>

LOL I fudged up

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="640"

>

value="never"

>

value="transparent"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

allowScriptAccess="never"

wmode="transparent"

height="385"

width="640"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63aAGZjrVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

oh noez

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

My comparision

Best case: Flip Murray

Worst case: Rashad Mccants

I would at least give him

Best Case: Jamal Crawford/Manu

Worst Case: Flip Murray

Let's not overhype the kid, he's not D-wade. He's practically a 2nd round pick in every mock draft. Now this is a really deep draft, and will be ok with Jordan Crawford.

But the fact is he's an undersized scorer with bad shot selection. He's not gifted athletically and rarely gets to the ft line.

Just trying to be a realist.

I think Flip Murray is a perfect comparison to him.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:

My comparision

if that was the case, he would be a top 20 pick.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:

My comparision

if that was the case, he would be a top 20 pick.

Not necessarily.....Manu was a 57th overall pick.

So like its been said before the NBA draft is such a crap shoot and you never know what you are gonna get. I am just saying I like Crawfords skill set and he could be a Manu type player in the league.