Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Chances of us winning a championship next year?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

We have a 50/50 shot just like all teams.

That would mean that if I randomly took the name of a team out of the hat, there would be a 1500% chance that that team would go on to win the title.

Just because you only present two different outcomes, doesn't mean that those two outcomes are of equal statistical likelihood.

I can say: "I'm going to the beach today; either I'll be dragged down into the ocean by a giant squid, where I'll magically be able to breathe underwater and I'll spend the rest of my days frolicking with the underwater creatures,

or I won't."

But the fact that I've presented two options doesn't mean that one option is equal to the other.

Thanks DOM for this information... Which is about as useful as a cork for that Gulf Oil leak.

I know... I know... Your DOM.... Your edgy and cool with your little responses and tagged quotes....

Im so glad you could pull out one line to harp on...

This topic question is premature right now... the whole landscape of the NBA will be changing, which means "EVERYONE" has a 50/50.

quote:

quote:

quote:

That would mean that if I randomly took the name of a team out of the hat, there would be a 1500% chance that that team would go on to win the title.

Just because you only present two different outcomes, doesn't mean that those two outcomes are of equal statistical likelihood.

I can say: "I'm going to the beach today; either I'll be dragged down into the ocean by a giant squid, where I'll magically be able to breathe underwater and I'll spend the rest of my days frolicking with the underwater creatures,

or I won't."

But the fact that I've presented two options doesn't mean that one option is equal to the other.

Thanks DOM for this information... Which is about as useful as a cork for that Gulf Oil leak.

I know... I know... Your DOM.... Your edgy and cool with your little responses and tagged quotes....

This topic question is premature right now... the whole landscape of the NBA will be changing, which means "EVERYONE" has a 50/50.

Do you even know what 50/50 means? I see where you're getting at (I don't agree one bit with it), but if you're going with the thought that every team has the same chance of winning it next year (which is far from the truth), then everyone has a 3.333% chance, not 50/50

quote:

The only way, statistically, that could ever be true is if there were only 2 teams. Then, yes, each team would have a 50/50 shot.

However, as I said: just because a team either will win or wont doesn't mean that those two outcomes are equally likely.

And if you must know, the full description would be "I know... I know... You're DOM... You're edgy and you kickass and you're from the future. And you have martial arts action and eye-lasers and ****."

quote:

quote:

quote:

or I won't."

his information isn't useful because it flew right over your head.

quote:

Everything you said in that post was pretty much wrong, you should be glad DoM only focused on the "most wrong" aspect of the whole post instead of breaking down the entire thing. Instead of being so outraged at his post, maybe you should have read it carefully and tried to understand his point instead of ignoring the valid and logical point he was making to you, and then turning around to make the same mistake again.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Everything you said in that post was pretty much wrong, you should be glad DoM only focused on the "most wrong" aspect of the whole post instead of breaking down the entire thing. Instead of being so outraged at his post, maybe you should have read it carefully and tried to understand his point instead of ignoring the valid and logical point he was making to you, and then turning around to make the same mistake again.

I just assume that people who miss my points are too distracted by my dazzling intellect and roguish good looks.

Let me help u barnettej...

"Same as everyone" would be...1/30 or 3.3%

Orlando this season was prob in the 10-15% range with delusions of being in the 20-33% range. Hard to say how that will translate to next year just yet.

We simply cooled off at the worst time.

8-0 in those first two series against Charlotte & Atlanta and I told my buddies before the Boston series began that we may have already shot our load.

It's all about which team is hot going into that second and Final conference playoff series'.

Perfect example are the Miami Heat when they won it in 2006.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicapper:

We simply cooled off at the worst time.

8-0 in those first two series against Charlotte & Atlanta and I told my buddies before the Boston series began that we may have already shot our load.

It's all about which team is hot going into that second and Final conference playoff series'.

Perfect example are the Miami Heat when they won it in 2006.

Miami won in 2006 because they refs cheated, not because they were better.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

I don't think Magic have much of a chance at all of winning the ring next year. I can see Wade, Lebron and Bosh being on the the same team, probably Miami with Pat Riley coaching. We will not even get the southeast division. Otis Smith will not be able to get quality players. JJ and Barnes are mostly likely gone.

I'm not quite sure if 2 alpha dogs can co-exist for a 82-game season + (if they make it) a post season. Wade and Lebron are almost redundant, they both lead their team, are play makers for others around them, great assist guys, good rebounders and defenders, but most importantly they both are the focal point of offense in their teams system. Too similar and they pretty much play the same position even though Lebron is supposedly a SF.

Of course if those two team up together, I could be wrong and they go on to win the championship but two people just won't do. They need a great depth around them. But then again, it can also all go seriously wrong for reasons unforeseen.