Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

If you could send one guy packing...

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Brockington:

I voted Lewis also b/c he's not worth the money. I like him as a person but his contract kills us. We could get Wade or LeBron without his contract (minus- a few expendable players) and they would give us consistent superstar play.

Vince would be my second choice for obvious reasons. Between the two, that's like 38ish million.

As much as Stan gets on my nerves b/c of his lack of correct substitutions etc, there are only a few coaches that are better.

once again. WE STILL WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN A SUPERSTAR PLAYER OUTRIGHT IF WE DID NOT HAVE RASHARD'S CONTRACT.

Hell, we could get rid of Rashard AND Vince's contract and still not be able to sign a star outright. Dwight has a huge deal. Jameer makes around eight million a year or so. Gortat and Pietrus both have full MLE deals, Bass nearly has a full MLE deal.

All these teams with cap pretty much have almost no salary on the books attempting to sign these FAs. Otis put his eggs in the basket of winning now instead of waiting and trying to get involved in this FA mess this summer.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

I voted Lewis also b/c he's not worth the money. I like him as a person but his contract kills us. We could get Wade or LeBron without his contract (minus- a few expendable players) and they would give us consistent superstar play.

Vince would be my second choice for obvious reasons. Between the two, that's like 38ish million.

As much as Stan gets on my nerves b/c of his lack of correct substitutions etc, there are only a few coaches that are better.

once again. WE STILL WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN A SUPERSTAR PLAYER OUTRIGHT IF WE DID NOT HAVE RASHARD'S CONTRACT.

Hell, we could get rid of Rashard AND Vince's contract and still not be able to sign a star outright. Dwight has a huge deal. Jameer makes around eight million a year or so. Gortat and Pietrus both have full MLE deals, Bass nearly has a full MLE deal.

All these teams with cap pretty much have almost no salary on the books attempting to sign these FAs. Otis put his eggs in the basket of winning now instead of waiting and trying to get involved in this FA mess this summer.

The thing is, despite me being the one who made this poll, I still think this team is capable of winning it all, and is still in win now mode. I dont think we need major upgrades, just small ones like a young athletic point guard, or moving Shard to the SF position and going a bit more traditional.

This Magic team is still absolutely ridiculously stacked and if they had woken up a bit sooner against Boston we'd all be talking about how we would fair playing in LA's building right now. I bet if the Magic played that series again next year things would go much differently now that they understand what is needed to win it.

i agree with most of what you are saying. this team could win it all with some minor changes. i think you have to play a smarter game when you are behind. nelson tries to do to much and gets away from any kind of smart play. howard can not buy a free throw. he is also a poor decision maker. force, force, force. stratagy would be my first change. second i would move lewis to the 3 and use bass or ryan at the 4 depending on match ups . if you are playing well you stay. third i would have vc on a short leash and play jj the majority of the minutes. as rams reminds me in every post, i think you have to stick with barnes unless he moves on. i do not see vc, lewis, ra, or jj moving. so this team will stay much the same. they just need to get better with their bb iq.

I thought we were like at most 17 mill over the cap.

Between Lewis and Carter that's like 38ish million if we didn't have them.

Are you saying if we got rid of them now or one of them, we couldn't get someone else b/c we would have to continue paying their salary b/c nobody would take it outright?

quote:

I thought we were like at most 17 mill over the cap.

Between Lewis and Carter that's like 38ish million if we didn't have them.

Are you saying if we got rid of them now or one of them, we couldn't get someone else b/c we would have to continue paying their salary b/c nobody would take it outright?

for the 10-11 season we're currently 21 million ish over the cap (assuming cap is somewhere around 58 million).

to offer a max deal we would have to get something like 18 million under the cap. We would have to drop almost 40 million in salary to get there.

For cap reasons vs. performance, Vince first, Lewis second, Gortat third.

Why VC before Lewis? Because hell, at least Lewis tries to defend and hits a three once in a while. If Vince does drive to the basket to shoot/pass/draw a foul, he's utterly useless... at least based on this past season.

I'm sorry, out of our current five starters, I feel the will to sacrifice what it takes to win a championship the least from him. Especially for about 16 mil!