Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

If you could send one guy packing...

So we have all these threads about who we want coming in. Lets get an idea of who magic nation would prefer not to see back next year. I would also say you should try and give valid reasons on why they should be gone, and then suggest a replacement that is attainable (D-Wade is not walking through that door guys) and fits with the Magic system.

Oh and at the risk of some bad '96 Orlando Sentinel Karma, Dwight Howard will NOT be a choice. Neither will Foyle or AJ because they are gone most likely anyway, and if you actually want to see them gone then you should stop kicking kittens.

So we have all these threads about who we want coming in. Lets get an idea of who magic nation would prefer not to see back next year. I would also say you should try and give valid reasons on why they should be gone, and then suggest a replacement that is attainable (D-Wade is not walking through that door guys) and fits with the Magic system.

Oh and at the risk of some bad '96 Orlando Sentinel Karma, Dwight Howard will NOT be a choice. Neither will Foyle or AJ because they are gone most likely anyway, and if you actually want to see them gone then you should stop kicking kittens.

I'll start out by saying the one guy I would love to see gone is Pietrus. I can't stand him any more. His shot selection is downright the worst on the team, he's never consistent, and his defense hardly ever makes up for it. He has a talent level that should make him an automatic candidate for 6 man of the year but his bball IQ is at the retarded level. And unlike Vince, Jameer, or Rashard who all at least chose one or two games to show up against Boston, Pietrus was a no show for the entire series and for most of the rest of the playoffs. In the playoffs last year he was the biggest weapon the Magic had off the bench but it looks like mentally he has completely regressed.

I would love to replace Pietrus with a young wing through the draft but there might not be anyone else out there that are of high enough quality. So instead my thinking would be to move Rashard to SF and have Matt Barnes be our primary wing off the bench.

JWill the most, but he's a no brainer IMO.

So I'll say Gortat. Incredibly overrated by people on this forum. He has butter fingers and just flat out annoys me more than anyone. He is constantly making stupid and head scratching plays and is paid too much to be the backup to our star player.

JWill, Gortat, and Carter are the only guys I really want gone. I'm cool with everyone else being back.

Toss up. Either Vince or Lewis. I voted for Lewis because of his salary and I don't think small ball wins championships. Now if we were to move him to SF, maybe I'd vote for Vince. How could we dump his salary is the real question. My (hope-filled) answer: Turk and Bosh (snt) for MP, Lewis and Gortat. Would they do it? Maybe not but it's worth a shot.

I would love to ship out Vince, but I don't see any realistic scenario where it could happen, at least before the trade deadline.

Rashard sucked in this past series but to say he is only half as good as he was before the banned substance is just ignorant. He had a very similiar season from this year to last year, just less shots taken.

I voted for J-will because he will be old as hell and we need a good young passer to back up Jameer.

i picked gortat because we can get something good for his value... he does not fit well on the court with howard; how should be on the court most of the game... he was good when howard was in foul trouble, but we need players for our starting line up; in case barnes leaves or jj bolts...

i dont like carter but i dont see teams trading for him... so gortat is a player that we can trade for a young wing in the draft or bring in more talent that fits via trade...