Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

help-serious question

In about a month its my girlfriend and my 5 year anniversary. She's pretty spoiled and has multiple pieces of every type of jewelry.

So I have no idea what to get her/where to take her. I figure 5 years is important and I should do something nice.

Any ideas?

In about a month its my girlfriend and my 5 year anniversary. She's pretty spoiled and has multiple pieces of every type of jewelry.

So I have no idea what to get her/where to take her. I figure 5 years is important and I should do something nice.

Any ideas?

Go to Things Remembered or something and get her something more personal.

For example: I went there for my 3rd Anniversary and got my wife an engraved jewelry box that played our wedding song. On it was "Couldn't help falling in love with you" since the song was "Can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis.

Inside was a necklace with our names on it.

Cheesy, but it came from the heart and had significance.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

If this is your 5-year anniversary, I'd say it might be time to finally get her THE jewelry!

nope. im 21 and those things are too expensive

wow, been with the same person since 16, insanity, if your in orlando i can tell you some nice looking restaurants to go to downtown, to which a couple of them aren't too expensive, like ember for dinner and such.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

wow, been with the same person since 16, insanity, if your in orlando i can tell you some nice looking restaurants to go to downtown, to which a couple of them aren't too expensive, like ember for dinner and such.

that would be awesome

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

For example: I went there for my 3rd Anniversary and got my wife an engraved jewelry box that played our wedding song. On it was "Couldn't help falling in love with you" since the song was "Can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis.

You suck. Why the past tense? Should have stuck with the original line and told her you fall in love with her every day. What a wasted opportunity.

LewisFTL...

Do something for her, don't buy her something. Things, trinkets, especially if she is spoiled, have much less meaning. Think of something she would love to do, something that would mean something to her, something that you know she would enjoy because of your intimate knowledge of her. Give her a memory, not a bauble.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

You suck. Why the past tense? Should have stuck with the original line and told her you fall in love with her every day. What a wasted opportunity.

LewisFTL...

Do something for her, don't buy her something. Things, trinkets, especially if she is spoiled, have much less meaning. Think of something she would love to do, something that would mean something to her, something that you know she would enjoy because of your intimate knowledge of her. Give her a memory, not a bauble.

easier said than done

Lewis,

Do what echo does with his boyfriend and take him out for a round of mini golf using a buy 1 get 1 free coupon. Then head over to the Golden Corral where you also have a buy 1 get 1 free coupon, but don't allow him to eat anything gassy. Then take him back to your place and spoon.