Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

gasol hasn't outplayed kobe numbnuts

In the Finals?

Gasol: 20.3 pts/10.7rbs/3.3asts/3.7 blks/1.7tovs on 57.1% shooting

Kobe: 26.7 pts/6.3 rbs/5.3asts/2.3stls/3.3 tovs on 39.4% shooting

Kobe is taking 23.6 shots a game to score 26 points

Gasol is taking 10.6 shots a game to score 20 points

how did gasol play yesterday?

He had a decent game, sub par from his usual performances, but 13 pts on 11 shots, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks isn't bad either.

Kobe took 29 shots to score 29 points. I'd say they were both disappointing.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kobe isn't even the best player on his own team.

smile_svgsad.png

Yep. Gasol > Kobe.

This is preposterous

You won't be saying this when Gasol lifts up the Finals MVP trophy.

That still doesn't make him a better player than Kobe.

Tony Parker won the finals MVP in 2007, is he better than Duncan too?

How are you people not getting this? It's not very hard to understand.

how are YOU not getting this.

playing better =/= better player

How is it not? If Gasol has outplayed Kobe this series, then he is indeed currently the better player. Just like if the Magic played the Cavs, and LeBron dropped 25/7/5 on 45% shooting and Jameer dropped 35/8/4 on 50% shooting, Jameer would've been the better player, not LeBron.

thats not how basketball works.

It's how everything in the world works.

no its not. Talent is something constant and gradual. Players careers form somewhat of a parabola. Talent is not something that changes by the day. Ray Allen can not be basketball jesus on a Sunday and worse than player X on the bench last night.

Players have good days and bad days. You can not judge them day to day or else arguments would be endless. One must be judged on long periods of a group of data rather than individual pieces of data.

quote:

no its not. Talent is something constant and gradual. Players careers form somewhat of a parabola. Talent is not something that changes by the day. Ray Allen can not be basketball jesus on a Sunday and worse than player X on the bench last night.

Players have good days and bad days. You can not judge them day to day or else arguments would be endless. One must be judged on long periods of a group of data rather than individual pieces of data.

It is when talking about the player currently playing better, which can also be called the "better player at the time". Jameer was the better player in the Bobcat series, but that isn't to say Jameer is overall the best player on the team, but he was the best player for that series.

And that's what Gasol has been so far. The best player for the Lakers so far in this series. Does THAT satisfy you, MR MOD? I don't think I can be any more specific than I am now.

quote:

quote:

It is when talking about the player currently playing better, which can also be called the "better player at the time". Jameer was the better player in the Bobcat series, but that isn't to say Jameer is overall the best player on the team, but he was the best player for that series.

And that's what Gasol has been so far. The best player for the Lakers so far in this series. Does THAT satisfy you, MR MOD? I don't think I can be any more specific than I am now.

You're still explaining what you believe. I understand what you believe and im saying you're wrong.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're still explaining what you believe. I understand what you believe and im saying you're wrong.

But without any real evidence to back this up, it looks like I win and you lose. Great, for my prize, I would like the power to be able to edit the posts of 3 specific posters on this board.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Do NOT give him the power.

What makes you think you'd be one of the people I'd choose, HUH?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But without any real evidence to back this up, it looks like I win and you lose. Great, for my prize, I would like the power to be able to edit the posts of 3 specific posters on this board.

with 0 evidence on your part its a draw.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

with 0 evidence on your part its a draw.

It can't be a draw because I said it first and whenever you come to such draws, the person to start it all ends up winning. You should read a book sometime.