Sign in to follow this  
jbabc37

Magic ''Anticipate'' Keeping Carter...

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

There is nothing Redick could do that Lee couldn't do in 08-09.

Lee is without a doubt quicker and more explosive. You'll never see JJ outrun LeBron to the basket for a dunk. JJ would've been caught at half court. Take a look at PER too.

Redick's biggest strength is his jumpshot. That was all he was good for. Yet Lee STILL had a better eFG%.

You're done.

Perfect example of anecdotal evidence. A youtube video of Courtney Lee dunking ahead of a chasing Lebron and the legend was born. Nevermind his deficiencies. Courtney Lee is Chuck Norris.

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

quote:

Lee is without a doubt quicker and more explosive. You'll never see JJ outrun LeBron to the basket for a dunk. JJ would've been caught at half court. Take a look at PER too.

Redick's biggest strength is his jumpshot. That was all he was good for. Yet Lee STILL had a better eFG%.

You're done.

Perfect example of anecdotal evidence. A youtube video of Courtney Lee dunking ahead of a chasing Lebron and the legend was born. Nevermind his deficiencies. Courtney Lee is Chuck Norris.

way to take one sentence/example and blow it completely out of proportion while ignoring the rest of my post there, champ. And idk where the hell you got YouTube video from. And nevermind JJs deficiencies

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're done.

way to take one sentence/example and blow it completely out of proportion while ignoring the rest of my post there, champ.

The rest of your post was has already been addressed, champ. Feel free to go back and verify.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're done.

way to take one sentence/example and blow it completely out of proportion while ignoring the rest of my post there, champ.

The rest of your post was has already been addressed, champ. Feel free to go back and verify.

It's been said a million times "champ", the only thing JJ could do in 08/09 was shoot, and Lee did even that better than him! Before you say it, we know, with the exception of free throws, your end all, be all stat.

It doesn't seem like it's sunk in. Lee had a better eFG% even though it's Redicks strength! Lee is a better athlete in terms of quickness and explosiveness, shot a better % and was a better defender in 09, as a rookie. There is no one in this world who will dispute any of this.

quote:

It doesn't seem like it's sunk in. Lee had a better eFG% even though it's Redicks strength! Lee is a better athlete in terms of quickness and explosiveness, shot a better % and was a better defender in 09, as a rookie. There is no one in this world who will dispute any of this.

Redick's strength? Hell, it was the only thing he could do! He was like a skinny Bran Scalabrine.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

Redick's strength? Hell, it was the only thing he could do! He was like a skinny Bran Scalabrine.

yeah exactly, it was the only thing he was good for, I said that in one of my other posts too lol. Redick fanboys just don't get it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

yeah exactly, it was the only thing he was good for, I said that in one of my other posts too lol. Redick fanboys just don't get it.

I would say that reddick is good at bball plays. He makes solid passes and can get to the line at times with head fakes and drawing contact.. I also think he was 2nd or 1st on the team in charges. gortat i think was first...

quote:

It's been said a million times "champ", the only thing JJ could do in 08/09 was shoot, and Lee did even that better than him! Before you say it, we know, with the exception of free throws, your end all, be all stat.

I am going to try this one more time. I will even connect the dots for you this time so there are no excuses.

It has almost nothing to do with free throw percentage, it has everything to do with the player's ability to get to the free throw line.

It is almost impossible to be an efficient scorer without getting to the free throw line frequently. This single skill is one of the most important in the NBA and every efficient, high volume scorer in the NBA is very good at it. J.J. Redick is only slightly better than average at getting to the free throw line. Courtney Lee, on the other hand, is dreadful at getting to the free throw line.

And now for some numbers which, for your benefit, I have simplified as much as I can...

pps.png

The first column for each player is their points per FGA excluding free throws. This is the equivalent of eFG. You will notice that there is not a significant difference between most high volume scorers

The second column is points per FGA including free throws. This is the equivalent of TS%. You will notice that Courtney Lee is the only person on the list that actually fell below the league average.

The third column is the percentage of that player's points that were scored from the free throw line. It might not be apparent, but 12 percent is microscopic. This is what kills Lee's scoring efficiency.

ppsOrlSG.png

This is a list of Orlando's recent shooting guards and their career points per FGA.

quote:

I understand your argument. Lee is more athletic so he is better at everything except jump shooting. What a profoundly naive view of basketball. Redick had a higher usage rate as well as 41 percent more assists when adjusted for playing time. Redick is actually better on offense in every way other than offensive rebounding and turnovers.

Turnovers are actually a double-edged sword for young players. Obviously, a low turnover rate is wonderful. On the other hand, a higher turnover rate is indicative of higher upside. This would lead to the conclusion that Lee does not have much room to grow, but there are exceptions.

If my failure to become enamored with Courtney Lee makes me a Redick fanboy, then sign me up.

So you made multiple paragraphs and even put up a chart this time to beat your dead horse once again. The only thing JJ Redick did better than Courtney Lee was get to the free throw line. Is it important, sure. If it's the only thing you can do it's not going to get you far.

Now, let me simplify things for you. Jamarcus Russell has a cannon for an arm. That's important for an NFL QB, hell it got Stafford picked #1 overall and he wasn't even that good at Georgia. Guess what, it was the only thing Russell could do, and he just got cut and now people are arguing if he's an even worse bust than Ryan Leaf.

The more you try to argue this, the dumber you sound. in 08/09 JJ Redick was not better than Courtney Lee, at all. Here, I can make a chart for you:

JJ Redick: Free throw shooting, getting to the free throw line.

Courtney Lee: Field goal shooting, three point shooting, perimeter defense, rebounding, steals.

Wash: Assists

I mean, seriously, if the mods could ban people for being idiots you would've been out of here by page two.

quote:
Just got back from a business trip to this?

Care to repeat that in English?

quote:
Mr. Sensitive, my post had little to do with Carter.

You calling me Mr. Sensitive. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, lol.

quote:
SINCE IT WAS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE POINT OF MY POST, I MAY HAVE MISTATED HIS GREATNESS AND FOR THAT, I AM PROFOUNDLY SORRY.

I am profoundly sorry? Is that what your mother thinks about her decision not to abort you?