Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

Gortat & Lewis for Bosh & Turk??

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

The 6th year is only partially guaranteed I believe, so that would be two more years.

Edit: hit the quote button instead of edit...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

i'd do this in a heart beat. as much as i love lewis, his contract is killing us. and i'd like to see a more traditional lineup

His contract is killing us for one more season. After that he becomes a non guaranteed contract and we can either cut him and only owe him a fraction of his contract, or trade him for other talent.

Turk's contract lasts 4 more years.

Now why would we want to be in slightly less salary cap hell for a longer period of time?

Lewis still has 3 years of guaranteed money on his contract at 20m/22m/23m. This was only his 3rd season with us-and he signed a MAX 6 year deal, remember?

There is still 10m more owed on Lewis' conract than the entirety of Turk's deal, which is already a year down...

edit: and upon further research, Turk's last year is an option which means it could conceivably expire the same year as Rashard's Contract-or more likely, be just one year longer!

So let me ask you this: Is chris bosh worth exchanging the most overpaid player in the league for, if you have to take back Turk who is owed less money the rest of the way and his contract lasts AT MOST one extra year? For Chris Bosh, this seems like a no brainer.

right, sorry. was looking at the 10-11 season like we were already at it.

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

Why would toronto take on Lewis' contract? Like it is better than Hedo'sicon_smile.gif

Not gonna happen, simply because Toronto won't take Lewis' contract..

I think they would only because Bosh wants out and now Turk does also. Gortat is a starting center in this league. Lewis while is a good player, he is vastly over paid.

So if you're Toronto do you want to lose your star and a player you just signed for nothing?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

no thanks to anything involving turk, his piss

poor attitude and his terrible contract.

Not saying that I want this deal or that I want Turk back on this team, but him coming back here is substantially different than him starting over with another team.

He knows the core of the roster, he knows the coaching staff and team management. He knows the community. The mutual comfort level between him and the team makes him less of a risk here than pretty much anywhere else.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

no thanks to anything involving turk, his piss

poor attitude and his terrible contract.

Not saying that I want this deal or that I want Turk back on this team, but him coming back here is substantially different than him starting over with another team.

He knows the core of the roster, he knows the coaching staff and team management. He knows the community. The mutual comfort level between him and the team makes him less of a risk here than pretty much anywhere else.

his conditioning is questionable and the fact that he mailed it in once he recieved his huge contract worries many. regardless of where he goes, the turk we saw in toronto, as far as production, could very well be the best version of turk any other team sees.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Bosh and Turk are going to be Lakers next year. Bynum and scraps are going to be Raptors.

Wouldn't Bosh and Gasol be a little redundant?

I would be surprised if we don't move Carter this summer. I wish there was a way to convince Lewis to restructure his contract because - wow: that thing is going to hamstring us.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I would be surprised if we don't move Carter this summer. I wish there was a way to convince Lewis to restructure his contract because - wow: that thing is going to hamstring us.

you could probably get a better deal out of carter at the deadline than during the summer.