Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Seriously, Do you think it would be worth it for use to trade for Brand and the 2nd pick for Carter(he comes off the books sooner then Elton)/fillers? This is the only realistic chance I see us getting a young go to scorer to pair with Dwight, all this Wade/CP3 crap isn't gonna happen.

If the 76ers were seriously willing to give up their #2 pick and Brand for Carter, Bass, and say Pietrus or Barnes, you do it in a heartbeat...

I read somewhere that the Sixers are willing to shop that pick with Brand to unload some salary. So, hey maybe it could happen.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Seriously, Do you think it would be worth it for use to trade for Brand and the 2nd pick for Carter(he comes off the books sooner then Elton)/fillers? This is the only realistic chance I see us getting a young go to scorer to pair with Dwight, all this Wade/CP3 crap isn't gonna happen.

If the 76ers were seriously willing to give up their #2 pick and Brand for Carter, Bass, and say Pietrus or Barnes, you do it in a heartbeat...

I read somewhere that the Sixers are willing to shop that pick with Brand to unload some salary. So, hey maybe it could happen.

Right, but I doubt they will give it up for Wince. Brand and Bass seem very similar, except Bass is a lot cheaper and younger. Not sure how Brand is defensively. That's probably our biggest "asset" here, and I just don't think it's enough. I'm sure there are teams that can offer better pieces, but I guess we'll see... my guess is that the 76ers do not give up their pick at all.

I mean, Vince's expiring does have some value to it. If the 76ers were serious about rebuilding, they could get a younger Brand (Bass), have the money the year after for a star, and still keep a rather young core of players. I still think the Magic would have to find a way to acquire a pick around the #10 to offer to them, as well as Bass, Wince, and maybe another guy.

I guess we'll just wait and see...

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

Nate Robinson. Trade Dwight for Nate. lulz

Yes. We have to. Nate beat Dwight in the dunk contest so he must be a better fit. lol

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

we need a backup center that is as effective as D12 defensively. And another PG taller than jameer icon_wink.gif

no such thing

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

we need a backup center that is as effective as D12 defensively. And another PG taller than jameer icon_wink.gif

smile_svgsad.png

quote:

Id rather have Iguodala. Brands contract is curse to any team. If they plan to get rid of him, then they have to include a piece like Iggy.

Carter, Gortat, and Anderson/Bass for Iggy and Brand?

Salaries match for both sides. This would also give Rashard the opportunity to step back to that 3 spot.

Resign Redick. Split MLE on Travis Outlaw and CJ Watson, or acquire Watson via trade and sign Outlaw for the full MLE if he requires it. Sign Brad Miller to vet min and ship Gortat off for a higher draft pick or cap space. Draft Paul George with higher pick and Eric Bledsoe with current pick. Or if we get rid of that pick in a trade, sign Dooling for vet min. Or sign Dooling for the vet min anyway.

This is all assuming we keep VC and don't make the huge deal we all hope for.

Nelson/Watson/Bledsoe or Dooling

Carter/Redick/George (if we acquire pick)

Pietrus/Outlaw (or Outlaw/Pietrus)

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Miller

Looks good to me.