Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

Mike Miller? Bleh, maybe if JJ leaves.

The #1 goal of the offseason is to replace Vince with a wing who can create offense. We'll never win a title without one.

Or unless Dwight learns to score 40 every time he's single teamed by Boston or LA...

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

Getting him would hurt us defensively, but it would improve out offense. He is a knock down sharpshooter. One of the best 3PT shooters int he NBA for many years now. In his rookie year with us, he broke the rookie record for threes made by a rookie. I really like Mike, and was sad to see him go for Drew. Otis is so good as giving away young talent.

He wants to come back to us too.

Mike Miller "would love to" go back to Orlando

quote:
When the Orlando Magic came to Washington last month, Mike Miller spent some time with former Memphis teammate and fellow Florida alum Jason Williams. Miller said Williams told him how much fun it was playing for a winner and offered some encouraging words.

So, after watching Williams end all suspense on Wednesday by scoring six points in the final two seconds of the third quarter, you couldn't blame Miller for looking over at the other bench and pondering what it would be like to play with a contender.

Ah, the good old days. (Photo by Julie Fletcher, the Orlando Sentinel)

After scoring 16 points in the Wizards' 121-94 loss to the Magic, Miller was asked about a possible return to Orlando, where he spent his first 2

Kberto, I'll play along. Here's my thinking:

1. Trade Tat for a nice 1st. Then trade that 1st, Jameer, and filler for Chris Paul and whatever else they require (taking back Posey?). If they require another first, I'd still do it. Probability ... very low.

2. If option one doesn't work, try to sign and trade for another star, like Wade, Bosh, etc. As much as I don't want Turk back, I think we could land Bosh if we took Turk. And for the record, I'm not a Boozer fan. Not a GA fan, either, unless he's bought out. Probability ... low to moderate.

3. If options one and two don't work, trade Tat or Bass for a decent pick and draft a nice, young pg. Or trade one of them for a decent young player. Probability ... moderate to high.

4. If options one, two or three don't work, sign CJ Watson or Duhon. Probability ... moderate to high.

5. Fill out roster. Hopefully, re-sign JJ and MB. They are great players for this team. Add Haslem if possible. Probability ... high.

What about Darren Collison?

He has no weakness that I can see from watching them play. He has decent size and is definitely a true point. Great defender and extremely fast. Very efficient scorer.

Everyone talks CP3 but this guy is 22 and has everything we want in a point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Kberto, I'll play along. Here's my thinking:

1. Trade Tat for a nice 1st. Then trade that 1st, Jameer, and filler for Chris Paul and whatever else they require (taking back Posey?). If they require another first, I'd still do it. Probability ... very low.

2. If option one doesn't work, try to sign and trade for another star, like Wade, Bosh, etc. As much as I don't want Turk back, I think we could land Bosh if we took Turk. And for the record, I'm not a Boozer fan. Not a GA fan, either, unless he's bought out. Probability ... low to moderate.

3. If options one and two don't work, trade Tat or Bass for a decent pick and draft a nice, young pg. Or trade one of them for a decent young player. Probability ... moderate to high.

4. If options one, two or three don't work, sign CJ Watson or Duhon. Probability ... moderate to high.

5. Fill out roster. Hopefully, re-sign JJ and MB. They are great players for this team. Add Haslem if possible. Probability ... high.

why would new orleans want a pg when they have collison?

Not sure if they would have interest in Jameer now, but I was told (second hand) from a great source the two parties were talking in the fall of '09.

I would love Chris Paul in a Magic jersey (I can see the SLAM cover already) but I think we have as much chance of getting him as we do LeBron James.

I honestly don't know what to expect from Otis this Summer. He could make a few tweaks like he has said or he could bring in a superstar (eg. Bosh, Paul or to a lesser extent Gay) and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'm hoping that the rumours are not true and that we keep our draft pick because I think there is some good value in this year's crop.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Not sure if they would have interest in Jameer now, but I was told (second hand) from a great source the two parties were talking in the fall of '09.

before the emergence of collison and before a billionaire bought the hornets

One thing I would like the Magic to do is look into acquiring OJ Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet from the Grizzlies. They were both shopped last season and could still be available. Thabeet isn't much at the moment but as a backup for Dwight he doesn't need to be plus he is cheaper than Gortat. This would free up Gortat to be traded for another need such as trading up in the draft to improve our wing stocks or PG position.

Conservative Offseason Plan

Lose:

Gortat

Bass

Williams

AJ

Foyle

Resign:

Barnes or Redick

Draft:

Replacement 2/3 for whoever we lose

Barnes: Quincy Pondexter, Damion James, Devin Ebanks