Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

31 year old Hedo didn't work. 34 year old Vince didn't work. 30 year old Salmons to a long contract won't work either.

We need youth.

Also Smack, Salmons has averaged those kind of numbers on teams absolutely desperate for scoring. He also hasn't proved he could sustain those kind of numbers over a full season. There is a reason he gets traded **** near every year.

Where are there better options? Realistic options?

I'm not saying Salmons is the answer to all our prayers. But he isn't the worst option out there, and has always played for an affordable amount.

And yes, he's 30. But he's only been in the league 7 years and only played in 601 career games. That's not much wear and tear (and I also don't recall him ever having any serious injury concerns).

We should probably grab this guy in the second round for the future

Miroslav Raduljica http://www.draftexpress.com/pr...slav-Raduljica-1096/

He just "pulled a fran" during international workouts he decided to blow off a private workout. Many NBA scouts are pissed.

He probably wont come over immediately but it'd be beneficial to have the top euro center stashed away in our pockets.

quote:
The intrigue around Raduljica has to start with the physical attributes he brings to the table. Showing excellent size for the center position, to go along with a strong frame, a solid wingspan, great hands, and decent athleticism, Raduljica passes the initial test for an NBA center. He runs the floor well, is a fairly mobile player, and is capable of getting up off his feet and finishing plays with a strong dunk, particularly when he has a moment to gather himself, even if he

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Where are there better options? Realistic options?

I'm not saying Salmons is the answer to all our prayers. But he isn't the worst option out there, and has always played for an affordable amount.

And yes, he's 30. But he's only been in the league 7 years and only played in 601 career games. That's not much wear and tear (and I also don't recall him ever having any serious injury concerns).

I agree Smack. I think he would do well here and is a much more reasonable option than the "trade for every all star" scenarios being thrown out. It takes two teams to make a trade and most of the dream scenarios being floated around here are great for Orlando but don't have a prayer of going through. I can't see anyone trading an all star or lottery pick for Gortat and nobody is going to take on Carter's contract until the deadline when 3/4 of it has been paid. At that point maybe we can get a disgruntled star player.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

We should probably grab this guy in the second round for the future

Miroslav Raduljica http://www.draftexpress.com/pr...slav-Raduljica-1096/

He just "pulled a fran" during international workouts he decided to blow off a private workout. Many NBA scouts are pissed.

He probably wont come over immediately but it'd be beneficial to have the top euro center stashed away in our pockets.

quote:
The intrigue around Raduljica has to start with the physical attributes he brings to the table. Showing excellent size for the center position, to go along with a strong frame, a solid wingspan, great hands, and decent athleticism, Raduljica passes the initial test for an NBA center. He runs the floor well, is a fairly mobile player, and is capable of getting up off his feet and finishing plays with a strong dunk, particularly when he has a moment to gather himself, even if he

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

Miami, Orlando and Washington discuss S&T, shuffle draft picks