Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Savage: Barnes opting out, hopes to remain in Orlando

Travis Outlaw? Meh, I dont know. Ive watched him many times in a Blazers uniform(Broy second fav player and when Im not watching Magic games, Im watching the Blazers) and dont know if he is the kind of player we want in our starting lineup.

Travis is nowhere near as smart and Matty on the floor. He makes some stupid plays, and takes alot of dumb shots. He can also be a chucker and go on Jameer mode every now and then. Thinks he is the most important player on the floor and takes unnecessary shots. He also commits ALOT of stupid fouls. Just not a very smart player when compared to Matty.

On the positive. He is really athletic. Long wingspan that makes him a pesky defender and and good rebounder. he can play multiple positions. Both at the 3 and the 4(already got enough of those). He is an energy player. He plays with hustle. Can actually hit the three ball when left open. He drives to the basket alot and would be great for all those cuts that Matty did.

I dont know. Its possible.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:

2007 Lost Darko

2008 Lost Keyon and Maurice Evans

2009 Lost Hedo and Courtney Lee icon_frown.gif (Not to FA, but you get the idea)

2010 Jwill and probably Matt Barnes too

As you can see Otis Smith is not really known for maintaining our players. He is actually quite unpredictable and can one day may you happy(Shard signing) and then break your heart(traded Courtney Lee) the next.

More teams have seen what Barnes bring to the table this year and he will most likely leave to a team that will offer him more money. I actually like Matty with all his energy, hustle, and heart. I would love him to stay, but this is Otis Smith here. Disappoint is coming Magic fans, we just dont know when and in what form.

Why would you maintain players like hedo, Darko and Keyon? Hedo fits here but 5 years 55 millions is the biggest joke in sports history. I thought Otis doing a great job knowing which ones we should keep and which ones are not

No, it would be this guy

Varejao signs 6 year 50 million deal.

varejaotopper.jpg

For Varejao I believe the final year is only partially guaranteed, so Hedo still wins. BTW he just said he doesnt want to play for raptors any more...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2007 Lost Darko

2008 Lost Keyon and Maurice Evans

2009 Lost Hedo and Courtney Lee icon_frown.gif (Not to FA, but you get the idea)

2010 Jwill and probably Matt Barnes too

As you can see Otis Smith is not really known for maintaining our players. He is actually quite unpredictable and can one day may you happy(Shard signing) and then break your heart(traded Courtney Lee) the next.

More teams have seen what Barnes bring to the table this year and he will most likely leave to a team that will offer him more money. I actually like Matty with all his energy, hustle, and heart. I would love him to stay, but this is Otis Smith here. Disappoint is coming Magic fans, we just dont know when and in what form.

Why would you maintain players like hedo, Darko and Keyon? Hedo fits here but 5 years 55 millions is the biggest joke in sports history. I thought Otis doing a great job knowing which ones we should keep and which ones are not

No, it would be this guy

Varejao signs 6 year 50 million deal.

varejaotopper.jpg

For Varejao I believe the final year is only partially guaranteed, so Hedo still wins. BTW he just said he doesnt want to play for raptors any more...

Yeah, I know. He sucked his first year in Toronto and demands for a trade? Sheeesh

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

You won't find a cavs fan who thinks andy is overpaid.

Probably because LeBron's is right next to it. It's like owning an M3 and paying 16k for a honda prelude.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Otis will sign Travis Outlaw to replace Matt Barnes. Book it.

I like that ALOT.

I don't. Outlaw is the SF version of Jamal Crawford. The guy has two speeds, walk and shoot.

I would love to have Barnes back. But not at the cost of improving our roster, if he wants to demand too much of our MLE and Otis has better options, then we have to move on.

Hopefully we find a way to keep him, but Otis doesn't have a good track record of retaining his own FAs. Gortat is like the only one he's kept, and that's because he was a RFA.