Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Dwight Howard Wants Changes to Orlando Roster

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Still kinda upset that Vince gets 100% of blame. Ik hes the new guy but theres no way in hell it was his fault we got knocked out in ECF.

Take a look around the whole team, think back without your haterade. I think the blame can be distributed pretty fairly.

Vince could have done more, he should have done more.

but im out if its gonna continue like this.

you guys have found your scapegoat

Oh give me a break.

Dwight and Jameer played fantastic. We know you hate Jameer so it's a given you'd try to blame it on him. Without Jameer, this series would have been a sweep.

VC acted like Mo Williams and completely disappeared from the series. We brought him in to make plays and to create his own shot, and he did everything but.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Still kinda upset that Vince gets 100% of blame. Ik hes the new guy but theres no way in hell it was his fault we got knocked out in ECF.

Take a look around the whole team, think back without your haterade. I think the blame can be distributed pretty fairly.

Oh give me a break.

Dwight and Jameer played fantastic. We know you hate Jameer so it's a given you'd try to blame it on him. Without Jameer, this series would have been a sweep.

VC acted like Mo Williams and completely disappeared from the series. We brought him in to make plays and to create his own shot, and he did everything but.

I remember before the season began, VC said he will try his best to fit in with the Magic, but SVG wanted more than that. SVG wanted VC to stand out. I know alot of you guys remember those comments. Apparently VC doesn't have the edge to be our go-to guy when the 3-point shot isn't working. I read an article yesterday about the "Carter Factor". The question remains can anyone win with Carter?

quote:

Thug, I don't hate Vince but it was his fault. Yeah some others had below average games but he was brought here to be "the man". Lewis was brought here to be the guy that spreads the floor for Dwight. He didn't do well offensively but his man, Garnett, had a horrible series offensively so he did something right. He also contributed with blocks, steals and some nice hustle plays while sick.

Jameer played well throughout the playoffs and had a few bad games so you can't really blame him. Dwight was as good as can be against this Celtic team. Redick is a role player that contributed nicely. Barnes had back problems and isn't really asked to contribute anything but some D so you can't really go off on him too much because his mobility was hampered.

Gortat is the one guy I could lay some blame on other than Vince. He really blew. I always thought Gortat was a little overrated by our fans. Gortat was beat every single time for easy layups. If he goes I won't miss him at all. A guy like Pachulia can contribute just about the same.

So when you look at it as good a person Vince is he is going to shoulder most of the blame because he deserves it. Lebron took most if not all of the blame for Cleveland's demise and Vince was supposed to be our Lebron type player. He was supposed to be the one that drove hard, shoot the 3, hit the midrange jumper and do everything else. He hardly did anything so as much as you may hate that he is getting railed on it comes with the territory and Vince, I believe, accepts that so maybe you should to.

quote:

But you guys expect vince at 33 to CARRY us. Thats what you wanted for him to Carry us...w.e

im out if its gonna continue like this.

Vince didn't need to carry the team, he simply needed to contribute effectively. He disappeared, and even though I've given him the benefit of the doubt on most occasions, the guy just didn't have it. I'll say this, if he received even a fraction of the calls Pierce gets, it may have gotten him going, but as it stands, he's not the guy we need.

And I'm a HUGE VC fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Brockington:

Can we Trade coaches? I know Doc wants to come back home to spend time with his family.

I wish.

Why do we need Doc? So our players can play as dirty as the Celtics, no thank you. Doc has been here and done that and we landed Dwight Howard after he left.

Van Gundy is fine, I say give him a chance because I think he will learn from his mistakes.

quote:

But you guys expect vince at 33 to CARRY us. Thats what you wanted for him to Carry us...w.e

I kind of agree with you man. Look at his worst games this series we actually won.

Game 1 he was decent, why did we lose? Only 88pts, the entire team was 5-22 3pt and we were playing at a pace that allowed them to defend us easy. Dwight was 3-10 fg and 7to's. Also where was Shard?

Game 2 Nelson and Shard(again) had poor games offensively and Howard had 8pts and 0blks. Even though he had 30pts, but we need him to be a beast more on d than o.

Game 3 The entire team didn't show up.

Games 4 and 5 we won

Game 6 I thought he was doing a good job at attacking the basket early, getting a lot of contact and no calls. We were playing like crap, how many times did we simply throw the ball to a player on the other team? Carter when we really needed it (with Howard and Nelson on the bench with foul trouble) took over the game in the second quarter to send us into halftime with a fighting chance. I think even if we played a mistake free game this would have been a tough one to win. It seemed all of their shots were falling. While we were getting great looks that weren't falling.

Am I saying that he is the answer? No. Just saying I don't think all the blame should be on him either.

Saying that Lewis is out there to just spread the floor is not worth 20 million a year. He needed to do more than that. Just b/c KG didn't do well, we still needed Lewis to put points on the board too. He doesn't only get played to play defense and hustle. For that money, we need way more.

If anything, he should be the go to guy.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. $20 million a year for lots of single digit numbers.

I agree that we needed more out of Carter but he shouldn't receive 100 percent of the blame. Cough cough Lewis.

Obviously there were more factors like the whole team should have hustled harder (Williams).

quote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I never expected Vince to carry anything...it just would have been nice if he didn't jack up some stupid **** when we were in need of a solid possession.

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Brockington:

Saying that Lewis is out there to just spread the floor is not worth 20 million a year. He needed to do more than that. Just b/c KG didn't do well, we still needed Lewis to put points on the board too. He doesn't only get played to play defense and hustle. For that money, we need way more.

If anything, he should be the go to guy.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. $20 million a year for lots of single digit numbers.

I agree that we needed more out of Carter but he shouldn't receive 100 percent of the blame. Cough cough Lewis.

Obviously there were more factors like the whole team should have hustled harder (Williams).

Shard did what he could do while being very sick. His shot wasn't there but he did so many other things (locking down KG isn't easy). Which is more than I can say for some other people. Cough cough Carter.