Bass Isn't Sure Of Future With Magic

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

I like him. I hope he stays.

edit: SVG is an idiot for not using him more against Boston.

So that he could get torched by KG/Sheed/Davis/insert PF?

What? He absolutely OWNED Davis when he covered him. He also did a pretty decent (although not perfect) job on KG. He doesn't have to guard Sheed so that's out of the question.

You're missing the fact that the guy BARELY played for us at all during the season. Let the guy play and get used to the system. You can't bench him the whole year and then expect him to be Dwight Howard on the court.

All I am saying is that he has ALOT potential. I could see him BEASTING if used in the right manner.

SVG fakes it with the PF position, so it's no wonder the guy doesn't feel like he's wanted.

SVG really pissed me off this series. We had such a great lineup in Games 4 and 5, and then we decide to CHANGE IT during game 6?

The guy has a solid midrange jumper and could be a BEAST on defense if taught correctly by SVG.

Move Rashard to the 3 and let him abuse the people who try to guard him.

Done and Done.

Best post game post yet. This whole Bass/RA thing never was really dealt with during the season. We get into the playoffs and suddenly Stans not really sure who to play. Its on Stan for not really having an established big man lineup already in place. He was just rolling dice. He should have had Bass playing much more in the regular season and had an established big guy rotation.

Honestly, I think Stan had some kind of personal issue with Bass.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Move Rashard to the 3 and let him abuse the people who try to guard him.

Done and Done.

LOL and LOL! Lewis abusing SF's? Really? The guy couldn't take advantage of Anthony Carter when we played Denver a few months ago and he rarely posts up when having a height advantage.

Lewis is only effective when Howard is doubled! I'm sure even Hedo could stop Lewis one on one!

Bass has problems to learn the defense rotations on the Stan system. this is the first year. probably he will see more time next season. The things is Lewis/Anderson/Gorat (Specially in Boston series) are too many players for just 48 minutes for game to let much time for Bass. i guess Bass deserves more time this series, spcecially because Gortat wasn

quote:

LOL and LOL! Lewis abusing SF's? Really? The guy couldn't take advantage of Anthony Carter when we played Denver a few months ago and he rarely posts up when having a height advantage.

Lewis is only effective when Howard is doubled! I'm sure even Hedo could stop Lewis one on one!

I didn't mean permanently; I meant that they should move him when the stretch 4 isn't working (like in the boston series). That way he doesn't need Howard to be doubled to be effective; he can just abuse the guy who's defending him.

stan clearly had some personal issue against bass that no one understood. bass is a quality player and i like that he's not a stretch 4. i never understood why stan wasted him and gave ryan anderson so much pt. ryan will never be a quality power forward......ever. he's too slow, can't play d, not aggressive, and has zero athleticism. yea i know he's young but i just don't see any promise in him.

yea i know bass looked a lil lost out there but its because he didn't get enough pt to gain some chemistry. its also why he struggled on offense. having 4 guys on the perimeter is stupid. there needs to be someone to help dwight in the front court...especially with offensive rebounding.

I'm more of a fan of traditional ball rather than having a jump shooting team. traditional ball is whats gonna win a 'ship. not stan's method of coaching. how I would love for that fat ******* to get fired.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

stan clearly had some personal issue against bass that no one understood.

I thought by now we understood why Bass wasn't in the rotation for the majority of the season... He never fully understood the plays and certainly didn't have a great grip on defensive rotations. If you don't know where to be on both sides of the court you're not going to play, period. I agree Bass has great potential and I'd love to see us hang onto him, but acting like his lack of playing time is some huge mystery at this point makes you uninformed. To claim Stan has some "personal issue" with Bass is not only incredibly dumb, but also ignorant on your part since you're simply advancing your vendetta against SVG.

quote:
how I would love for that fat ******* to get fired.

Oh, and statements like this won't exactly make you look more credible or intelligent.

Reminds me of JJ. Give it another year and he will be a beast on Defense. You could see he still missed assignments when he played against Boston, but less than earlier in the year.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

stan clearly had some personal issue against bass that no one understood.

I thought by now we understood why Bass wasn't in the rotation for the majority of the season... He never fully understood the plays and certainly didn't have a great grip on defensive rotations. If you don't know where to be on both sides of the court you're not going to play, period. I agree Bass has great potential and I'd love to see us hang onto him, but acting like his lack of playing time is some huge mystery at this point makes you uninformed. To claim Stan has some "personal issue" with Bass is not only incredibly dumb, but also ignorant on your part since you're simply advancing your vendetta against SVG.

quote:
how I would love for that fat ******* to get fired.

Oh, and statements like this won't exactly make you look more credible or intelligent.

your rebuttal isn't exactly making you look like a memeber of mensa either.

bass hardly played much which is why he did not get a grip on stan's system. he is not a stretch 4 by any means so why would he adjust to playing like one? i do admit he looked a bit lost on the court most of the time but that really isn't his fault. that's stan's fault for not playing him. he wasn't able to really gain chemistry with the team.

I know you and many of the stubborn posters on here defend stan at all costs but I love this blind appreciation for the dude despite the millions of errors he makes. I get a laugh out of it. I really do.

quote:

bass hardly played much which is why he did not get a grip on stan's system. he is not a stretch 4 by any means so why would he adjust to playing like one? i do admit he looked a bit lost on the court most of the time but that really isn't his fault. that's stan's fault for not playing him. he wasn't able to really gain chemistry with the team.

So the games are where you learn the plays/rotations? You do realize NBA teams practice everyday, right? If Bass can't grasp where to be on offense AND defense over the course of an 8 month long season it absolutely IS his fault and no one else's. SVG sees Bass play every single day and for you to think you know better is so astronomically stupid it hurts me.