Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Keep Stan?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

i don't care about regular season wins and getting out the first round. that should be a given. i want a championship to happen. stan doesn't know how to coach against boston or the lakers. the stretch 4 doesn't work against them and they don't double team dwight.

stan did not strategize very well in this series. he made doc rivers look like greg pop.

you said "if we wanna use the magics record as well as how far they got as proof of stan being a great coach then we might as well admit that mike brown and doc rivers are great coaches as well. "

i showed you records that still indicate that stan is a better coach than mike brown and doc. Doc's team won 11 games the year before they got rondo, allen, Garnett, Pj Brown, Sam Cassell, and James Posey all for nothing.

those records you've showed indicated nothing...

stan was put in a great situation in miami. the year he became head coach, the heat drafted d-wade. wade also had a decent supporting cast around him. next year they got shaq.

stan came to orlando while dwight was showing great potential. plus shard was on board and played well in his first season in orlando.

its quite pathetic that stan has not been able to deliver with what he has been given because of his questionable strategies and rotations.

I did not get emotional until I watched Stan's post-game interview. I truly believe he is sincere in his belief that this team can do great things. His own personal assessment of the season and his ability to assess himself as a coach is a true testament to the good coach that he is. No doubt, he stays!

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Bison Dele:

Those that voted in favor of Stan leaving should probably die... and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Die in the nicest way possible or suggesting that they die in the nicest way one person can suggest that?

I don't know why but this made me laugh, it's been a rough evening/morning.

i love how not one single person in this thread is able to give any reason as to why stan is a good coach.

I think some of you in here are bit delusional and aren't very mature. telling people to die? crying about others opinions and saying you're gonna put them on ignore? wow. just wow.

also....after seeing how Shard came alive in game 5 with pierce guarding him at the 4 one would think a light switch would've went off in stan's head and he would moved 'shard to the 3. pierce would've struggled and shard would've came through. let bass and gortat rotate at the 4 (maybe anderson if gortat had to go in for howard at the 5). sheed was a no show last night because of his back so that more than likely would have worked.

but would've, should've, could've.....too late now

quote:

i love how not one single person in this thread is able to give any reason as to why stan is a good coach.

I think some of you in here are bit delusional and aren't very mature. telling people to die? crying about others opinions and saying you're gonna put them on ignore? wow. just wow.

I did say "in the nicest way possible" icon_smile.gif

Quit focusing on the negative.

quote:

also....after seeing how Shard came alive in game 5 with pierce guarding him at the 4 one would think a light switch would've went off in stan's head and he would moved 'shard to the 3. pierce would've struggled and shard would've came through. let bass and gortat rotate at the 4 (maybe anderson if gortat had to go in for howard at the 5). sheed was a no show last night because of his back so that more than likely would have worked.

but would've, should've, could've.....too late now

Play Gortat at the 4 when we were struggling to score? Play Bass when he was making mental errors? Play Anderson when he looked all out of sorts in limited mins? You play Gortat and Lewis at the same time and the defense is going to sag off Gortat and dare him to shoot while helping on Shard. We didn't have the people to get it done, that has nothing to do with the coach.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Bison Dele:

Those that voted in favor of Stan leaving should probably die... and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Die in the nicest way possible or suggesting that they die in the nicest way one person can suggest that?

I don't know why but this made me laugh, it's been a rough evening/morning.

Can we toss the idiots that want to get rid of Stan in a pool of these please?