Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Keep Stan?

No, we didn't make adjustments to their defense because they staggered us throughout the WHOLE second half. Thats called making POOR adjustments.

So what's the right adjustment then?

Which probably had more to do with LeBron/Wade NOT going ballistic in the 1st half from the outside, something you don't typically factor in, given it's not their strength. If you've got an opposing team coming back down the court and hitting a contested three in some sort of sadistic, videogame-like sequence, you cannot simply give it to Dwight (who they also began to foul deliberately) to get us back in the game alone, especially when it's likely that he goes 0-2 or 1-2 at the line.

Bare in mind that if Wade and LeBron make their three-point jumpers with the level of defensive intensity we committed to them, we can't beat them, and neither can any team in the league. Hell, that's practically the only "flaw" in their games. It's like if Dwight goes 10-10 from the line, you can't stop him, but luckily for us and for them, that's not the norm and statistics provide the support to that argument.

We're an outside shooting team. Dwight is our offensive cog, for sure, be he doesn't provide even a third of our offense cumulatively. He's terrific to use when we're ahead or on par with the other team's scoring, but make no mistake, we can't win if our outside shooting goes haywire to the degree that it did last night. We shot 30 *****ing percent from the field. That's a total anomaly as far as I'm concerned. In retrospect, it didn't work out, but that doesn't mean our three-point shooting team should lose all confidence in their shooting because of a terrible shooting game. That's just beyond silly.

Good post dude

I guess if quoting Stan himself talking about his own lapse of judgement in the second half isn't enough to convince you, nothing is.

Oops, I mean "GO TEAM!". :rolleyes:

So, wait, does it make Stan a better coach that he is willing to admit that he would do things differently in retrospect or a worse coach? Would you prefer a coach that is too stubborn to admit that he made a mistake? Or a coach that doesn't think he makes mistakes? I'm at a loss here.

I have to be careful here. I'm dangerously close to be on the Magic organization's jock again. I hate it when I accidentally end up riding a jock.

So, wait, does it make Stan a better coach that he is willing to admit that he would do things differently in retrospect or a worse coach? Would you prefer a coach that is too stubborn to admit that he made a mistake? Or a coach that doesn't think he makes mistakes? I'm at a loss here.

Let me clarify because I think people are getting the wrong impression.

I, by no means, hate stan van gundy. I do not want him fired. He is the best coach we've ever had.

I thought he made some boneheaded decisions yesterday (i.e. me saying he was being an idiot yesterday) and I was stating my reasons why. Nothing more, nothing less.

But to say that he's not partially at fault is silly. We sucked as a team yesterday, including SVG.

I have to be careful here. I'm dangerously close to be on the Magic organization's jock again. I hate it when I accidentally end up riding a jock.

It's as if calling him out on bad decisions during a game makes me a stan and a magic organization hater.

With that logic, Dwight is now an SVG hater because he called him out two playoffs ago for not feeding him the ball enough against Boston.

Haha, LeBrick says things that clearly show his hatred and lack of faith in the team, and then when people call him out on it he says "oh, that's not what I meant".

We don't need any clarifying. You said what you meant.

• Downvote 1

Haha, LeBrick says things that clearly show his hatred and lack of faith in the team, and then when people call him out on it he says "oh, that's not what I meant".

We don't need any clarifying. You said what you meant.

I hate this team? WTF?

I've watched every single Magic game for the last 3 seasons. All 82 games. Before that, I would watch every game I could. I attended 3 playoff games last year and I went to the opening game against the wizards even though I live 2 hours away. Yeah, I hate this team so much. <_<

The fact that I do all this and don't believe (yet) we're going to go all the way this year actually makes me a pretty good fan, because I still support my team even though I realize they might not win a championship this year.

So spare me this nonsense and let's back to the debate.

Let me clarify because I think people are getting the wrong impression.

I, by no means, hate stan van gundy. I do not want him fired. He is the best coach we've ever had.

I thought he made some boneheaded decisions yesterday (i.e. me saying he was being an idiot yesterday) and I was stating my reasons why. Nothing more, nothing less.

But to say that he's not partially at fault is silly. We sucked as a team yesterday, including SVG.

It's as if calling him out on bad decisions during a game makes me a stan and a magic organization hater.

With that logic, Dwight is now an SVG hater because he called him out two playoffs ago for not feeding him the ball enough against Boston.

First off, and this is extremely imporant, I have never used the term "hater" in my entire life. I'm very proud of this. I think the term lowers the intelligence of anyone that uses it/hears it and it may lead to the downfall of society as we know it.

Now thats out of the way, I probably owe you a bit of an apolegy. I interpreted some of your previous statements to read that you were putting this loss entirely on Stan. I still think you are overreacting but it's on a more acceptable level now. I agree that the emphasis on offense should have been to continue to pound the ball into the paint. I guess I can see why Stan thought the Magic needed to bomb away from the perimeter with the way the Heat were sinking 3s from deep. He thought it was necessary just to keep pace. In hindsight, that was a bad choice...and to his credit, he admitted as much. I, however, do NOT think that the Magic should have pushed the pace in this game (like you alluded to in a previous post). I think it's a terrible idea to get into a up and down contest with a team that has arguably the two best open court players in the game on a roster that was just assembled and hasn't built up a whole lot of chemistry yet. The Magic would be doing them a favor by allowing them to sprint up and down the court and use their athletcism to get easy buckets.

Basically, there are two things that disturb me about the posts that you have made today. Using the term idiot to describe a man that is in the top 1 percent of his profession - even in a limited manner to describe a coaching strategy you don't agree with - is silly. Secondly, everytime you use the term "jock rider" in reference to people that disagree with you, all you are doing is turning them off to anything you have to say. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but if that is the case, then I have to wonder why you are here in the first place.

I don't think you can complain about someone labeling you a hater for all your negativity if you've been labeling others "jock riders" and "homers" for their positive outlooks. Seems kind of hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Interesting? Ha ha