OAM149

Dear Vince

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:
Originally posted by OAM149:

I know he wont read it here but I just wish someone would go up to Vince and say

"Do you want to make history? DO you want to be remembered as being one of the greatest, a hall of famer, and part of the 2010 Orlando Magic squad that came back from 3-0 to beat the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals and later to lead the team to their first, your first NBA Championship? Do you want to be immortalized in NBA history, Vince?

Or do you want to go down as a quitter, as wince harder, a guy with no heart and a perennial loser? As that guy who in 2010 was finally paired with a dominate big and who finally made it out of the second round of the playoffs only to choke it away. Do you want those free-throws in game 2 to define your career?

If the former is what you desire than we need you tomorrow night more than ever, Vince. Game six of these Eastern Conference Finals can be your winning legacy. As Nike says "Write the future" go out there and write it. Become immortal."

So he's expected to win a championship his very first year paired with a dominant big?

Did Kobe win a championship his first year paired with Shaq? Did Wade win a championship his first year paired with Shaq?

It takes time - at least two years to gel.

yes absolutely!! especially if that team went to the finals the year before and he's brought in to be that missing piece..the go to guy to put the game away..

Yes, just like Wade won a championship his very first year with Shaq. Oh wait....

quote:

quote:

I know he wont read it here but I just wish someone would go up to Vince and say

"Do you want to make history? DO you want to be remembered as being one of the greatest, a hall of famer, and part of the 2010 Orlando Magic squad that came back from 3-0 to beat the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals and later to lead the team to their first, your first NBA Championship? Do you want to be immortalized in NBA history, Vince?

Or do you want to go down as a quitter, as wince harder, a guy with no heart and a perennial loser? As that guy who in 2010 was finally paired with a dominate big and who finally made it out of the second round of the playoffs only to choke it away. Do you want those free-throws in game 2 to define your career?

If the former is what you desire than we need you tomorrow night more than ever, Vince. Game six of these Eastern Conference Finals can be your winning legacy. As Nike says "Write the future" go out there and write it. Become immortal."

So he's expected to win a championship his very first year paired with a dominant big?

Did Kobe win a championship his first year paired with Shaq? Did Wade win a championship his first year paired with Shaq?

Vince is only going to be worse next year. There is no 2 year waiting period with him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes absolutely!! especially if that team went to the finals the year before and he's brought in to be that missing piece..the go to guy to put the game away..

Yes, just like Wade won a championship his very first year with Shaq. Oh wait....

waits for someone to put up Wade's numbers during those playoffs (you know, also his 2nd year in the league)...

and never mind the awful supporting cast that team had.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

read what i wrote..the heat weren't in the NBA finals the year before they won the title.we just played in the NBA finals last year..expectations are higher..

quote:

quote:

what on earth are you talking about VC_fan?... this is Vince's last year.. he IS getting old.. Kobe and Wade were YOUNG.. like vince was few years back.... dude you are trying to defend him without much of anything sensible to say....

LOL TIME TO GEL???... THIS IS VINCE's LAST OPPURTUNITY.. AND SO FAR HE IS BLOWING IT !!!... THANKFULLY THE TEAM HAS STEPPED UP AND GOT TWO GOOD WINS...

PERSONALLY IM A DIE HARD VINCE FAN LIKE MANY MIGHT KNOW, BUT THAT DONT MEAN I TALK CRAP AND DEFEND HIM WHEN HE'S PLAYING LIKE SHIIT.. AND TRUTHFULLY HE IS PLAYING WITH NO HEART, NO WILL, NO DESIRE... NOTHING.

I really think the Magic need him, and vice-versa and I hope he does well in game 6, and contribute in a positive manner towards a team win....

i still believe in Vince.... but thats not important... DOES HE BELIEVE IN HIMSELF, is the question...

we will see tommorow... ITS HIS, and MAGIC's LAST CHANCE....

GO MAGIC... !!! LETS MAKE HISTORY !!

This isn't Vince's last year. He has two more years left on his contract. And why is this Vince's last opportunity? Why not next year?