Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

Is Dwight Howard a Batman or a Robin?

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

I just do not want to bother with you either, and some of your comments are not too bright. Did I insult you, when you said that the Magic could not beat the bobcats? Your remarks about women are so 1950ish. Never mind, you would never understand anyway.

Stop trying to twist this. He's not harping on you because you're a woman. He's harping on you because your opinion and comments are uninformed.

quote:
Originally posted by RJD99:

Heart and Hustle remember that :-)

First thing that must happen is Van Dummy has got to go. When you are scared to mess with the players heads and not make the necessary changes to the line up you shouldn't be there. What did Pat Riley Do in Miami? He stepped in there before Van Dummy fouled things up and won a ring because he knew he had a team that could win it all IF COACHED right. For years it has been said about the magic you live and die by the three, well that day has come again. I still believe that the magic are a great team and have some great players but They are not played strategically. The magic have been a one dimensional team since inception. Shaq the gorilla down low and and the other four guys shooting 3's to the new version of the gorilla in the middle with sharp shooters behind the line. The Magic will never win a championship until the organization changes its philosophy and starts playing basketball. Hey Otis Jameer is not your starting PG.Start looking. he will never be Rondo or even skip to my Lou(Rafer Alston). Hey magic Fans it was RAFER ALSTON that guided the magic to the NBA FINALS last year not Jameer Nelson. It was Jameer Nelson that messed up the chemistry for the magic when he came back in during the finals, and who made the decision to put in Jameer Nelson to keep him Happy, No one other than your Boy Otis Stan Van DUMMY. Now lets look at the Magic if they where coached by Phil Jackson, Doug Collins, Don Nelson, Pat Riley, Greg Popavich, Jerry Sloan, or DOC RIVERS!!!! what would they have done with the magic. I will tell you immediately insert JJ Redick into to the starting lineup for Jameer Nelson and put JJ on Rondo it all starts with him. I know what your saying JJ's no PG, to that I say and Rashard Lewis is a PF. ok.Also, Its been well documented that Rondo struggles with taller PG "hello". The Orlando Magic have great players and could have competed in this series, "really" just not playing pic in roll gorilla post fire away three ball. A real coach would have come up with a way to increase the number of high percentage shoots to the basket. True Magic fans that know basketball can look back and see this for themselves and Magic fans that dont have a clue its ok they will just think i am crazy. Brandon Bass has a ton more low post moves than Dwight howard does and posses a very good mid range jumper and is imposing on the defensive end. He can block shots if he ever got in the game but but most fans dont know this because we saw so little of him this season. Now that this season is offically over and we are about to be swept by the same broom that we swept Charlotte and Atlanta with. What does Otis do now? I will tell what he should but we all know he wont do.

1. Fire Stan Van Dummy

2. pay JJ Redick.

3. Sign a true Court General. Jameer is your backup not your starter

4. Sign a 6'10 PF with an excellent low post game and a great mid range jumper

5. Move Rashard Lewis to the 3 position and try to restructure negotiate something with this ridiculous contract you have signed him to

6. Somebody Anybody teach Dwight Howard how to fake and use his pivot foot in the low post

7. Change the Culture and philosophy of Magic Basketball, stop playing gorilla down low pic n roll fir 3's AAU basketball

Lewis, delete this car wreck of a post from my thread.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

How'd they limit Howard in 2009? I don't really remember but Howard struggled offensively too in half of those.

Who's they? Boston? Kendrick Perkins. It's not an anomaly anymore. Dude gives Dwight problems. Still, there are few players that can handle Dwight 1 on 1, and 2 of them are on the Celtics, one is perpetually injured and on Houston, and I'm not convinced of Jermaine O'neal, but he did do a good job this year.

Oh sorry; I meant the Lakers lol.

quote:
Did I insult you, when you said that the Magic could not beat the bobcats?

Yes, I worried about the Bobcats; but that isn't something that's so incredibly stupid that it doesn't deserve an honest reply. It's not "We lost because the players hate coaches that don't wear ties" level. It's not "Otis Smith is stupid because I have blind hindsight and he should have seen the future to know Vince Carter would do this despite the fact that he was practically the only guy available to us." I could go on and on; I don't even want to remember all the 9-year-old conclusions you come because they hurt my brain that much.

quote:

quote:

quote:

How'd they limit Howard in 2009? I don't really remember but Howard struggled offensively too in half of those.

Who's they? Boston? Kendrick Perkins. It's not an anomaly anymore. Dude gives Dwight problems. Still, there are few players that can handle Dwight 1 on 1, and 2 of them are on the Celtics, one is perpetually injured and on Houston, and I'm not convinced of Jermaine O'neal, but he did do a good job this year.

oh, well, I think they brought Odom on the late double team and his length combined with the Laker's front line bothered him. I think we match up with the Lakers much better than Boston, though.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

oh, well, I think they brought Odom on the late double team and his length combined with the Laker's front line bothered him. I think we match up with the Lakers much better than Boston, though.

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fisher... so yeah.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

After the first game, I was angry with Dwight, but not so during the other games. Dwight at least tried which is more than I can say for Lewis,Peaches, Nelson or Williams. I bet you guys are not going to feel the same way about him when he signs with the Lakers, Celtics, or Nets if Lebron signs with them. When he becomes a Magic killer, the board will have a different tune.

Why is it that if a man says that SVG needs to go, it is okay, but if a woman says the same thing, she gets bashed? Oh yea, women are not supposed to watch basketball or have an opinion.

Man or woman, if you say SVG needs to go you're an idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Who was Batman & Robin w/Shaq & Kobe?

shaq was the incredible hulk and kobe was iron man

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

The Lakers always seem to have Marvel type super heroes while we are always stuck with the powerpuff girls and power rangers.

west coast teams are Marvel

east are DC.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

The Lakers always seem to have Marvel type super heroes while we are always stuck with the powerpuff girls and power rangers.

west coast teams are Marvel

east are DC.

Indeed. Nickelodeon comes to mind as well.