Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Root Problem ... System or Players?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

replace vince and lewis with rudy gay and kevin love and we do fine

I'm with you on Love, but I'll pass on Gay since he already turned down the Grizzles 5-year $50 million offer. I doubt the Magic will offer him more than that.

quote:
Originally posted by jopheus:

quote:

love is a stretch 4 lol

the system works. if it didn't we wouldn't go this far two consecutive years.

Our problem is we eventually reach a team that is amazing defensively on dwight and can stay on our shooters. We need a guy who can create his own shot.

we also need a third option who can hit his open shots LEWIS!!!

agree completely. the system (surround D12 with 3pt shooters) worked during regular season, but when opponent can single cover D12, then seems all bets are off. we are better off last season with hedo, who can run better offense against a great team D, instead of vc, who failed to create offense for himself, let alone for the team.

i read a lot of boston fans suggest if only kg was healthy last season... blah blah. i would counter: if only we still have hedo in this playoff...

I dont think hedo will help us much to win these games. Dwight still couldn't beat this man and KG still would've killed Rashard. We might be closer to win one game but our lineup is just a liability against this celtics. Hedo isn't the saver, he is no MJ.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

I'm with you on Love, but I'll pass on Gay since he already turned down the Grizzles 5-year $50 million offer. I doubt the Magic will offer him more than that.

he doesn't want to be in memphis. He'd probably take less money to come here (not that his agent will allow that to happen)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

That was OUR idea. Moran.

Props to jareth for coming up with the idea with me

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

he doesn't want to be in memphis. He'd probably take less money to come here (not that his agent will allow that to happen)

Gay cant create his own shots either and I dont think he is that useful

I think its the players, not the system. You take Dwight Howard out and replace him with Hakeem Olajuwon, Magic would lead the series 3 - 0 because Hakeem would have taken Perkins/Big Baby/ Sheed to school. They would have had no choice but to double Hakeem leaving the others for an open 3.

If they are not going to double Dwight, then Dwight should make them pay. His post game is lacking greatly, and it showed VS the Bobcats and now VS the Celtics.

Dwight needs to spend this summer developing the post game.

I rather have Deng than Gay. He is a fundamentally sound player unlike Gay and something this team sorely lacks.

And we have been saying Dwight needs to work on his post game during the off season for the last 6 seasons.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

I rather have Deng than Gay.

And we have been saying Dwight needs to work on his post game during the off season for the last 6 seasons.

lol NO

and yes

quote:

quote:

lol NO

and yes

Why don't you like Deng? Injuries? He is a better rebounder and 3pt shooter. Everything else is basically the same.

quote:

quote:

quote:

lol NO

and yes

Why don't you like Deng? Injuries?

I don't like Deng either. He is a 4rth option.