Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

If Otis finds a way to rid us of Carter and/or Lewis and get a top 5 player at any position other than center he should have one of those Jordan type statues put up outside of the Amway Center.

I rather have a team full of bruisers and fiery players that get kicked out in the first round fighting than a team of girly men that make it to the conference finals or finals every year just to get embarrassed and swept.

I'm definitely on the same page. I agree with you. I want a team full of winners, that keep their head-held-high. I can't discredit Boston, however. They've been playing one hell of a series, so we can't take what they've done, away from them.

I think we've just got to give it more time. I obviously want Carter gone, along with Rashard (If his contract was at all possible to dump.), and surprisingly, I want Mickael gone too, unless he's willing to sign for cheap. I'd rather use the money on Barnes and Redick.

I know Carter gets bashed a lot, but he didn't do his job. His job was to come in, and be our 'go-to' guy, and he didn't do that, AT ALL. He's had strides of greatness, but those don't usually last long. If there was one thing Carter should have done better, it would be playing great in the Playoffs. He was suppose to provide that spark. He was suppose to be our Hedo-substitution, and quite frankly, he's been anything but that.

Pietrus' contract lasts a few more years. Barnes signed a one year+one player option year contract as a way to "try out" for a larger contract. He's likely to opt out and pursue a larger deal. Also we don't hold his bird rights so we can't go over the cap to give him a large raise unless we use the MLE.

We do, however, hold JJ's bird rights and can give him whatever money he wants (we wont go overboard because that would be dumb).

Yeah, but if it came down to it, who would you rather keep? Redick, or Barnes? They both bring different things to the table, and I think both are important. Will be interesting to see what Otis does...I think Barnes will be walking. That's what my gut tells me. I hate it.

we'll keep redick over barnes just based on the fact that we can match anything anyone offers him.

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

What are our chances on landing Boozer?

Let me put it this way, If Otis wants anyone to be on our team bad enough, we will get him. (of course that might require overpaying him or overpaying with players/picks)

the only player i can see us having no chance at ever getting is Wade because why would Miami give him to us?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

What are our chances on landing Boozer?

Let me put it this way, If Otis wants anyone to be on our team bad enough, we will get him. (of course that might require overpaying him or overpaying with players/picks)

the only player i can see us having no chance at ever getting is Wade because why would Miami give him to us?

Might want to revise that, or some Magic fans might get a bit happy, and come with "Let's get LeBron, then!"

I know what you're talking about of course, though, Haha.

I think we'll land Boozer, and trade Vince. That's what I'm hoping for. Time to get back to playing fundamental basketball. No more "live by the three, die by the three" game-plans. Time to play solid at each spot, PG-SG-SF-PF-C. No more excuses. Let's go get some stuff done Otis!

And I'm never ruling Wade out of the equation. I know there's probably only a 5% chance he would come to Orlando, but a man can always dream. icon_wink.gif

Try to sign and trade for Rudy Gay. Draft Eric Bledsoe. Then try to snag Elliott Williams or Jordan Crawford in the 2nd round, or some international Center. Tim Ohlbrecht is very good.