Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

T-Mac was better than VC before he developed those back problems, so if you think Turner is like T-Mac, you aren't exactly helping your case.

That's definently you're opinion.

Both are two of my favorite players..

But Tmac had a better couple of years.

VC had a better career.

Tmac's season where he had one of the best stat lines of all time he was better than VC. But VC gets the best of him in the end imo.

That being said, both were huge underachievers and should have been the next MJs.

It was pretty much up between Kobe, VC, Tmac, AI in that wing dominance. Kobe was the most driven, and coincidently on the Lakers...VC and Tmac were both on crap teams leading to lack of motivation. AI had the biggest heart. So Kobe ends on top.

fair assessment.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

T-Mac was better than VC before he developed those back problems, so if you think Turner is like T-Mac, you aren't exactly helping your case.

That's definently you're opinion.

Both are two of my favorite players..

But Tmac had a better couple of years.

VC had a better career.

Tmac's season where he had one of the best stat lines of all time he was better than VC. But VC gets the best of him in the end imo.

That being said, both were huge underachievers and should have been the next MJs.

It was pretty much up between Kobe, VC, Tmac, AI in that wing dominance. Kobe was the most driven, and coincidently on the Lakers...VC and Tmac were both on crap teams leading to lack of motivation. AI had the biggest heart. So Kobe ends on top.

Without question, VC had a better overall career. But, I think McGrady was more talented and gifted with more length, and when he was able to use those tools he was a superior player. It was unfortunate what injuries made him into.

ya ik it's tough when VC and T mac are youre favorite players. just so **** talented but not driven enough..and lack of support to just add to that.

But overall I honestly think they were dead even in terms of talent. And thats dam strange seeing as they were related. Both were dominating wings, Tmac had more length, but VC had more jump. Both could do everything on offense, VC probably could shoot the 3 better but Tmac could hit straight on jumpers. Of course they both were insane at driving and making plays and dunking. Both were incredibly athletic, probably the two most athletic players of that era and the most talented/potential.

both suffered injuries as well, just when you think these two are gonna become the next Jordan, while being somewhat lazy. VC's knees and Tmacs back.

God has his ways.

Oh and if Vince and Tmac would have BOTH stayed in Toronto they could have made many fans dreams come true and both have won championships themselves.

Vince, Tmac, Bosh all on the same team. I mean not screaming defense but all of them (besides maybe Bosh) are good defenders when they want to be.

That looks like a MJ, Pippen, Rodman type idea. It woulda been great.

Karmas a *****.

quote:

Oh and if Vince and Tmac would have BOTH stayed in Toronto they could have made many fans dreams come true and both have won championships themselves.

Vince, Tmac, Bosh all on the same team. I mean not screaming defense but all of them (besides maybe Bosh) are good defenders when they want to be.

Karmas a *****.

go back to VCO

quote:

Karmas a *****.

My sarcasm meter is a bit off right now. You are joking, right?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

Vince, Tmac, Bosh looks like MJ, Pippen, Rodman. It woulda been great.

LOL.

I needed a good laugh after Game 3. Thanks.

Yeah, I also gotta good laugh out of that.

Here's my three year plan.

summer of 2010.

Trade either Vince/#29/heavily protected 2011 pick or bass/gortat/pietrus/#29 to philly for Turner/Brand

resign JJ at a deal starting between 3.8-4.2 million. any higher and let him walk (unless its a contract that is either front loaded or non-escalating).

Trade whoever didn't get traded in the philly trade (hopefully bass and gortat because they'd be easier to move) for a pretty good backup point guard and decent situational Defending Center. Lets say something like Gortat+Bass for Dan Gadzuric/Ridnour signed for a 3 year 14 mil deal/2012 top 5 protected pick that can be deferred to a 2013 unprotected pick

sign someone from this list for the minimum to be PG #3: Travis diener, Mike James, Sundiata Gaines, marcus williams, chris quinn, Acie Law, Antonio Daniels.

Split the MLE or use the MLE in conjunction with the BAE on two of these wing players:

Marquis Daniels, Matt Barnes, Rodney Carney, Quincey Douby, Dorell Wright, Mike Miller, Alando Tucker, Damien Wilkens, Wesley Matthews, Raja Bell, Rasual Butler, Kareen Rush, Ime Udoka, Ike Diogu, Kieth Bogans, Roger Mason.

Obviously we wouldn't give the majority of the MLE to someone like Ike Diogu.

Lets say we give Wes Matthews a JJ type of contract starting at like 3.8 million and Ime Udoka the BAE. We would still have a chunk of the MLE left.

So our roster looks something like this

PG- Jameer/Ridnour/lets just say Mike James

SG-Matthews/JJ (or JJ/Matthews I think they split the minutes)

SF-Turner/Pietrus (hopefully)/Udoka

PF-Lewis/Brand/Anderson

C-Dwight/Brand/Gadzuric

I think we can bring Brand off the bench and essentially run a 4 player rotation against teams with average centers Dwight/Lewis, Dwight/Brand, Brand/Lewis, Brand/Anderson, Dwight/Anderson.

Against teams with dominant Centers you dont run brand at the 5. Use the remaining portion of the MLE on a Center like Aaron Grey, Johan Petro, Etan Thomas, Oberto, Theo Ratliff, Joel Anthony, Randolph Morris, etc... someone who can team up with Gadzuric and bring a combined 12 hard fouls.

Summer of 2011

We have most of our players on contract and should have around $84 million already committed to players. No moves happen this year other than minimum deals.

Summer of 2012

Cut Lewis and Brand. Save a lot of money. Use full MLE on a aging bridge type of PF. Maybe try and convince an aging garnett or Jamison to take a one year deal. Find someone to replace Diogu and Pietrus. Resign Dwight to a max deal.

Summer of 2013.

The reloading year

The only players on Contract will be JJ, Turner, Wesley Matthews, Dwight, and any late draft picks. We should have enough flexibility (or enough movable players to create that space) to sign another max player see:Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings [potentially], Blake Griffin, Al Jefferson, Chris Paul, Tyreke Evans [potentially], or any second round picks that happen to turn into star players from this upcoming draft. We would also have two first round draft picks to play with and either select a star or trade for a Max level player who isn't on my above list.

essentially we would have another two years to attempt to win the championship, a down year, then a reload on the fly year and back to contending for a championship.