Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

Ok and if Orlando doesnt, they arent winning a ring.

Rudy gay isnt going to bring Orlando a ring.

Vince had better stats the year before coming into Orlando, better everything except age.

Gay would be big pickup but it's gonna take more than that.

Who said Rudy Gay would bring us a ring? Our championship chances begin and end with Dwight. At this point, it isn't unreasonable to think Gay would do better for us than Carter. Vince was black Hedo this year.

At this point it's not unreasonable. But like thinking back getting Vince would have been better than getting Gay. Gay has no playmaking abilities.

And look how it turned out is all im saying, we did good with vince but we did not win a ring.

And speaking of black hedo, I dont care how mad you are at Vince for not winning us a ring. But I really believe we should not have tried to make Vince our Hedo of last year. We should have jsut let Vince, coming off one of his better yeras and having 21/5/5, to just play his game. We tried to make him a 6'10 passer who eats pizza. Vince shouldnt have been waiting for all these picks at the top of the circle, he should have just been asked to take his man off dribbles, posting up. He was best this year when we kicked it out to him and he drive right off the kick.

Same goes for Lewis. We shouldnt have tried to traansform him into a lazy *** 3 pt shooter. We should have just let him play his game at the 3.

look how stacked our team was this year. We had the most talented team in the league from 1-12. We should have just let everyone play their games. In Boston Pierce, Allen, KG, Rondo all stuck to their games even when meeting up with eachother..

Both VC and Shard probably should have gotten more post opportunities(by more, I mean more than 2 the entire season), but I question their abilities to finish consistently at the rim, at this time in their careers. Lewis flips ups crazy floaters and Vince somehow managed to merge a layup with a fade away and failed miserably in the process.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Gay has no playmaking abilities, but Vince does? If Vince had playmaking abilities we would be talking about whether we wanted LA or Phoenix in the Finals right now.

lol, you just rip everyone with no logic or reasoning it's so obnoxious. But I'll say VC's playmaking in Orlando was poor in the playoffs, but for real he wasnt even asked to be making plays. It was clear Stan wanted Jameer to try to orchestrate the team, which he did so sometimes. Vince would need the ball more than after every 5 Jameer plays in order to be making any plays.

Stan wanted VC to just score for the most part when he gets his chance. But really Vince did not take more than 15 shots I believe all series. He was never really involved or asked to be a big part.

I'm just saying fact is that Gay dishes out 1 or 2 assists a game, that would be his resume before coming to Orlando.

Vince dished out 5 assists each game before coming to Orlando

but who knows Gay might be a playmaker deep down I'm just saying he doesnt show that at all yet.

quote:

quote:

Gay has no playmaking abilities, but Vince does? If Vince had playmaking abilities we would be talking about whether we wanted LA or Phoenix in the Finals right now.

lol, you just rip everyone with no logic or reasoning it's so obnoxious. But I'll say VC's playmaking in Orlando was poor in the playoffs, but for real he wasnt even asked to be making plays. It was clear Stan wanted Jameer to try to orchestrate the team, which he did so sometimes. Vince would need the ball more than after every 5 Jameer plays in order to be making any plays.

Stan wanted VC to just score for the most part when he gets his chance. But really Vince did not take more than 15 shots I believe all series. He was never really involved or asked to be a big part.

I'm just saying fact is that Gay dishes out 1 or 2 assists a game, that would be his resume before coming to Orlando.

but who knows Gay might be a playmaker deep down I'm just saying he doesnt show that at all yet.

we dont need a playmaker. Jameer can run the offense fine.

We need a guy who can take his defender. Rudy Gay gets 25% of his points off ISO.

quote:

Please don't compare Rudy to Vince. One is washed up, the other is up and coming.

The reason Vince was brought here, other than more fianicial flexibility than Hedo, was for this kind of series. When a team like the Celtics can leave one defender on Dwight and close out to our shooters, we needed a guy who could come in and create offense for himself and others. Vice failed miserably at it, maybe a few years ago he would've gotten it done, but he didn't. As a result, our offense had nothing. We couldn't get seperation for the shooters and Vince couldn't create offense. He couldn't do it now, and he's not going to do it next year. At this point his 17 million dollars expiring is a bigger asset to this team as trade bait than his play on the floor is.

quote:

quote:

I think VC wasn't asked to be a playmaker because he couldn't make plays. So many of his passes were low, out of bounds, into the backcourt, or straight into a defender's hands. I think the general sentiment is that Gay wouldn't be needed to be the teams playmaker,just someone who will relentlessly attack the rim and take some pressure off of Dwight(what VC was supposed to be). You said yourself the team is more comfortable with Jameer running the show.

Sure Gay has a lot of room to improve, so does Dwight. But VC is only going to get worse.

Can you look up Vince's stats on Isos before coming to Orlando? Im just curious.

but if thats what you're looking for than Gay would be a solid option I just dont think it's enough.

Im being honest dont think Im saying that for any benefit of Vince Im being 100% honest. Vince could take his man himself his whole career, **** just went different in Orlando where he was asked to run an offense off the picknroll everytime.

I really believe it'll take more than Gay replacing Vince.

quote:

The reason Vince was brought here, other than more fianicial flexibility than Hedo, was for this kind of series. When a team like the Celtics can leave one defender on Dwight and close out to our shooters, we needed a guy who could come in and create offense for himself and others. Vice failed miserably at it, maybe a few years ago he would've gotten it done, but he didn't. As a result, our offense had nothing. We couldn't get seperation for the shooters and Vince couldn't create offense. He couldn't do it now, and he's not going to do it next year. At this point his 17 million dollars expiring is a bigger asset to this team as trade bait than his play on the floor is.

Failing miserably? thats what he did last night. He scored the 13 points in the 2nd quarter when Dwight and Jameer went out. We would have been down 20+ if he wasnt in during Nate's run.

In G1 everyone was lost and Vince carried the team.

But Im not gonna try to convince anyone here you guys straightu p hate Vince. I dont blame anyone tho we did not get to the Finals and VC is a reason for loss in g2,3. Rashard in g1,2,3. Jameer g1,g6. Dwight g1,2,3. Everyone had their downs..

IMO we need a PG better than johnson and Williams. Williams. Cj Watson would be perfect. Defense, and offense.

Then i would love to see Mike Miller here too. High IQ, great shooter, decent defender, huge body. Good fundaments of the game. yes, he has injueries, but if we reatin JJ, and barnes, and also we have pietrus, and lewis can play some 3, we have an excellent combination of players to play the wing positions.

I also like the idea to bring this players:

Haslem (but this make Bass expendable)

Frye (but this make anderson expendable)

Raja Bell

I don

quote:

quote:

Failing miserably? thats what he did last night. He scored the 13 points in the 2nd quarter when Dwight and Jameer went out. We would have been down 20+ if he wasnt in during Nate's run.

In G1 everyone was lost and Vince carried the team.

But Im not gonna try to convince anyone here you guys straightu p hate Vince. I dont blame anyone tho we did not get to the Finals and VC is a reason for loss in g2,3. Rashard in g1,2,3. Jameer g1,g6. Dwight g1,2,3. Everyone had their downs..

You Vince fans evade the reason Otis bring Carter here. To make the shots to win. You see that two free throws who can make him what he can be, but he didn