Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: Magic at Celts 5/22 8:30 ET

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:Just Shut up. I am not dumb. My opinions are just as valid as yours are

No, they're not. Not even close. Go be a Laker fan or something. Phil Jackson wears ties....

smile_jameertongue.png

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

A few things that stood out to me in this series (many had presented itself in the regular season):

1. Dwight Howard needs to buy an offensive game. He's been in the league for 6 years now...how have you not improved your post game by now (especially with an all-time great, Patrick Ewing coaching you)? And I have been an advocate of Dwight throughout the whole season, but over the course of the playoffs I have been finding myself shouting that he is terrible. He's not terrible, he just needs a lot of work.

2. Dwight is not a leader. He may think he is, but he does not act the part. He gets frustrated after almost every call, no..every call. Did anyone notice his body language out there, looked like he had given up. One particular play that stood out to me is when we had a chance for a shot at the end of the 3rd quarter...Dwight held the ball over his head at the opposite end almost waiting for the clock to expire. He eventually gave it to JWill with like a second on the clock. If you want to be the man in Orlando, Dwight, learn to lead your d@mn team.

3. Jameer Nelson simply cannot get the ball to other WIDE OPEN teammates. I do not think it is an issue with size (like the crew on ESPN) but instead I think it's lack of play-making ability and seeing the play ahead. It's a natural thing with PGs in the league, he just doesn't have it. The guy can shoot though.

4. Matt Barnes is basically irrelevant on offense. We have been murdered in the first quarter in almost every game this series. He's a good defender, but I haven't seen that against Boston. He is a liability on offense and the guy just clogs up the floor.

I could post more, but I think this is enough negativity for one post. Magic in 7.

Bro read my post on page 25, Nelson is the main reason this team cant win a championship. They dont need a scoring PG, they need someone who can get the ball to the right people in the right places, and especially get the ball to Howard off the pick and roll etc in the right place.

Dwight will never change, I never had any doubt in this fact, he will remain a great defensive player and a very good offensive one provided the right play makers get him the ball in good positions when hes on the move off the roll.

He simply lacks the imaginative capacity to become into a very good post player, no one can turn him into one, at this level you have to take strides yourself or you simply just dont have it within you. He is still a great player though at least on one end of the court.

First off I just wanna say that I am sick and tired of hearing about "Rajon Rondo." Magic Johnson's calling him the best player on the Celtics!? This is ridiculous. Rajon Rondo is the Hideo Nomo of Basketball. He's gonna play well through these playoffs because no one's figured out his game yet but next year he's going to get dominated. He has huge holes in his game that neither the Cavs or the Magic have exploited. Both the Cavs and Magic have tried to guard Rondo like they would guard a normal point guard. Rondo isn't a normal point guard. He has NO JUMPSHOT!!!!! Sure he's hit a couple here and there but for the most part the dude throws up bricks. We try to guard Rondo the way we would guard Steve Nash (a point guard who can shoot) and it just plays right into Rondo's strengths. He has great vision. He sees plays and anticipates the motion on the court incredibly well. But, the only shots the guy can hit consistently are LAYUPS! The magic's biggest problem right now is that they're playing into the Rondo Hype right now and trying to figure out how to "Stop Rondo" which caters directly into his strengths (facilitating, and driving to the rim). I think the best way to stop Rondo is to just freaking leave him alone. We barely even need to guard him. I'd say light pressure from Nelson but really whoever is guarding Rondo should just be ready to float to double whoever Rondo passes to. If Rondo drives to the rim D-Howard has to just be aware and superman slam the fool while Nelson cuts off Rondo's outlet pass. Honestly if we let Rondo Shoot every shot of the game from 10-15 out we'll win cuz he throws up bricks.

quote:
1. Dwight Howard needs to buy an offensive game. He's been in the league for 6 years now...how have you not improved your post game by now (especially with an all-time great, Patrick Ewing coaching you)?

Why does everyone believe because Ewing was a great player that he is automatically a good coach? I think the last few years are telling enough, he is not a great coach, look what Kareem is doing with Bynum a lesser talent tbe Dwight.

If Dwight had a real center who actually possesed his abilitiy, and his style of play, he might be getting somewhere, but the thing is, his game is nothing like Ewings, two differnet players. He needs someone like Hakeem the dream, or the Admiral, someone that had his build and his play style.

rafer alston is around 5 inches taller than jameer. i may be wrong but i think height does matter. jameer can matchup up with other PGs like Felton and Bibby but not this time with Rondo

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

rafer alston is around 5 inches taller than jameer. i may be wrong but i think height does matter. jameer can matchup up with other PGs like Felton and Bibby but not this time with Rondo

rondo didn't have a problem with mo williams or miami point guards either

people in the chat tonight:

it was good to vent with fellow Magic die-hards. thanks y'all have a good night. i WILL be watching on Monday.

maybe next year. this Boston team is on a mission and we just can't compete with them. hopefully, we'll be seeing some changes in the near future. in the meanwhile, i hope we go out fighting and give a better performance win or lose on Monday night, because that was a disgrace and an embarrassment of a game. we are not the hawks or the cavs; let's not act like it.

for all of the real Magic fans, hold your heads high. this is still the best team we've had in a decade and a half, and we need to get behind our franchise and SVG and hope for a better tomorrow. for real, keep your heads up. so ****ing what, we lost. don't let it phase you. this team is close to something special. don't lose faith in the MAGIC, man.

peace

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
It's called being selfish.

All the Jameer homers on here will defend Jameer to death for god knows why.

So why does he average more assists than Carter?

He's the POINT GUARD. are you new to the game? Jameer honestly dominates the ball 60% of the time in this playoffs. And to come up with 1 assist and 4 turnovers says something.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
It's called being selfish.

All the Jameer homers on here will defend Jameer to death for god knows why.

So why does he average more assists than Carter?

He's the POINT GUARD. are you new to the game? Jameer honestly dominates the ball 60% of the time in this playoffs. And to come up with 1 assist and 4 turnovers says something.

he would get more assists if we shot better than 37%

It's funny how when Jameer is dominating the Bobcats and Hawks, thuglife doesn't have anything to say. But when he struggles against the Celtics, all of a sudden he crawls out to bash him. But you never hear a word from him about VC when he sucks, which is usually all the time.

That could be true, but I didnt really see a should have been assist passes all night from him. You cant deny that he was very stimpy on offense and had lacked any control. He missed every cutter and destroyed any ball movement. Not once did I see him swing the ball, rather he tried to go 1v1 which against Rondo he is going to fail bigtime.

The only thing he did right was hit a few unassisted 3 pointers.

I dont get why I'm one of the only few to think this is bad basketball to have you're point guard fail to orchestrate anything.

Two last observations about game 3...

Something I really dislike about SVG that reminds me of Brian Hill...he has whipping boys. Players he nit picks their every move on the court and takes out his frustrations with other players on.

Tonight, there was a bang, bang play where Ray Allen made a perfect pocket pass to Big Baby off a pick. Gortat rotates down (perhaps late), and fouls Baby for an And 1. OK...I can certainly see that as a teaching moment or even justifying criticism, but SVG yanks Gortat out of the game and unleashes on him.

Given the pathetic play of everybody on the court...your going to unleash all your frustrations on Gortat? And, then put Ryan Anderson in and watch him get punked by Big Baby & Rondo w/o a response? Perhaps Gortat's criticisms last season were justified???

Second...J-Will had about the worst 15 second sequence I've ever seen from a Magic player around the 9 minutes mark of the 2nd quarter.

First, he dribbles down court, circles the perimeter, and fires up a bad shot w/o anybody else touching the ball at a time when Orlando was in danger of letting the game slip away.

He follows that up with the most pathetic excuse for defense I've ever seen...which included running away from not only the man with the ball, but his man with the ball TWICE!