Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: Magic at Celts 5/22 8:30 ET

quote:
Let me ask you a question. Why do you think Larry Brown, Doc Rivers, and Phil Jackson have rings and SVG has no rings? Why do think Pat Riley replaced SVG with himself, and he got a ring? Do you think it was just luck that these very skilled and very respectful gentlemen have rings?

So why did Doc Rivers lose last year? Why did Larry Brown get swept this year? Is it because their ties didn't match their shirts during the series?

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

That still doesn't mean he didn't try to motivate them.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you think Larry Brown, Doc Rivers, and Phil Jackson have rings and SVG has no rings? Why do think Pat Riley replaced SVG with himself, and he got a ring? Do you think it was just luck that these very skilled and very respectful gentlemen have rings?

So what you're trying to say is these coaches won rings individually and it had nothing to do with the players actually playing the games? That's why they have rings?

Just forget it. It is over your head. You are right, we have the best coach in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

3. Jameer Nelson simply cannot get the ball to other WIDE OPEN teammates. I do not think it is an issue with size (like the crew on ESPN) but instead I think it's lack of play-making ability and seeing the play ahead. It's a natural thing with PGs in the league, he just doesn't have it. The guy can shoot though.

I don't want to bring up old stuff but does anyone remember how Rafer did against the C's? I've been watching Jameer look off other guys only to launch a contested 25ft jumper. Part of what I wanted to see was more ball movement and these guys just holding the ball, looking for theirs, is just making it easier for the Celtics to defend.

It's called being selfish.

All the Jameer homers on here will defend Jameer to death for god knows why.

Jameer does this all game, how can you win when you have no trust in your teammates and try to do everything yourself.

He looked off open players so he could try to take his own shot. You're not going to win playing 1v1. Even Rondo, who is a thousand times better than Nelson is passive when necessary.

he plays with no intensity either. He just will walk the ball up no matter what. At one point he like waited for KG to slowly jog back and get on Rashard. KG might have even said "thanks bro"

Honestly, SVG should have been reevaluated by Otis and Co. after benching Rafer last year for Jameer. Oh yeah, in the Finals.

quote:
It's called being selfish.

All the Jameer homers on here will defend Jameer to death for god knows why.

So why does he average more assists than Carter?

quote:

quote:

So why did Doc Rivers lose last year? Why did Larry Brown get swept this year? Is it because their ties didn't match their shirts during the series?

GA, you know why Doc Rivers lost last year. KG was not playing, and they had not added Wallace. Bobcats had no experience as a team in the playoffs. Who knows where Bobcats will be next year. There is nothing wrong with wanting a well dressed coach. I am not arguing any more.

quote:

quote:

quote:

GA, you know why Doc Rivers lost last year. KG was not playing, and they had not added Wallace. Bobcats had no experience as a team in the playoffs. Who knows where Bobcats will be next year. There is nothing wrong with wanting a well dressed coach. I am not arguing any more.

So how come these people can have excuses and you bring up players, but when the magic lose, it's because Gundy dresses without a tie?

This is why women should stay away from sports.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

quote:

That still doesn't mean he didn't try to motivate them.

So what you're trying to say is these coaches won rings individually and it had nothing to do with the players actually playing the games? That's why they have rings?

Just forget it. It is over your head. You are right, we have the best coach in the NBA.

Oh okay I get it so because I nullified your argument by revealing it to be the worthless pile of nonsense it is I am too unintelligent to understand it. Noted.

BTW, that is the 2nd straight post of yours where you have told me to shut up in order to completely ignore the fact that I owned you intellectually, if you want to keep count.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Honestly, SVG should have been reevaluated by Otis and Co. after benching Rafer last year for Jameer.

Typically speaking, coaches are not evaluated for hindsight (and Gundy has nothing to do with that either btw.)

Isn't it up to the coach to decide who gets how many minutes, and when?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Anyone blaming Otis and SVG for this need to be taken out to the same shed the Orlando Magic was taken to tonight... and suffer same punishments they suffered (actually, they just need to get shot).

Are you serious? Are you going to tell me that it is not a coach's job to motivate a team? Do you really think Smith did a great job picking players? Buttermilk I overestimated you. Pat Riley was correct to fire SVG. I am angry about this performace. In no way shape or form does the Magic look like a good team. SVG did a poor job with rotation, motivation and just about everything else.

The Carter trade was not bad. Granted at this point we all wish he had gone to someone else, the trade was still not bad. (for what we gave up).

Hedo was a hell no. Awful contract (we already have enough of those) for an awful player. Carter was a 20/5/5. Key word... was. Otis also picked up Barnes which was great, and pretty much stole JWill (was awful in the playoffs, but very cheap)

SVG is probably the best coach this Magic organization has ever had. He himself cannot go out there and make the players play harder, make their shots, make their FTs, and call timeouts. He is not to blame.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly, SVG should have been reevaluated by Otis and Co. after benching Rafer last year for Jameer.

Typically speaking, coaches are not evaluated for hindsight (and Gundy has nothing to do with that either btw.)

Isn't it up to the coach to decide who gets how many minutes, and when?

Sorry about that. Read that wrong. I thought you meant trading Rafer Alston and used bench figuratively. my bad.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:Just Shut up. I am not dumb. My opinions are just as valid as yours are

No, they're not. Not even close. Go be a Laker fan or something. Phil Jackson wears ties....