Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: Magic at Celts 5/22 8:30 ET

So now I don't know what to think. I will watch game 4, from opening tip to final whistle, but I don't know what to think. I find it kinda embarrassing that we are getting handled like this. I don't know why we are playing as sloppy as we are. Did we peak too early and we're running out of gas? I'm seeing too much "hero" play, and not enough TEAM play. I dunno. I am just sad that we're taking it in the shorts as hard as we are.....

Never in a million years did I think we'd be in this situation. I wouldve bet my house that we wouldn't have been down 3-0 to Boston.

We win game 4.

MAIN REASON ORLANDO WHERE IT IS...Jameer Nelson. This Orlando team is stacked and virtually covered in all respects except the crucial point guard position. I am sorry but Nelsons 20 points are absolutely useless to this team. They need a true out and out play making point guard with vision. There is no way you can beat top teams with a point guard who takes 200 dribbles while the rest of the team stands stagnate and then shoots off balance shots and fails to get others involved on the offensive end.

I am a neutral, I have no favorite team in the NBA, I just enjoy good basketball. Nelsons in ability to initiate offense was the most obvious and glaring shortcoming of Orlando. I lost count of the number of times he had 2-3 people wide open cutting/rolling to the rim etc and he would have his head down looking for his shot.

I know Orlando hasn't played with enough energy and some of their strategy has been questionable etc but their point guard play is by far the single most contributing factor to their losses.

Celtics should win the NBA championship again, their intensity and defense is just too tough for a very talented but soft laker squad.

Celtics play to their potential, its remarkable, and Orland simply cannot play to thier potential without a proper facilitator.

Howard isnt the issue, he will never be a great offensive player with amazing post moves. He just needs to be fed the ball in the right areas off pick and rolls.

IM POSTING THIS HERE SINCE THE SAME POST OF MINE IN MY THREAD WAS CLOSED BECAUSE OF MY CRITICISM OF NELSON? WHAT KINDA MORONS RUN THIS BOARD?

quote:
Originally posted by motime:

MAIN REASON ORLANDO WHERE IT IS...Jameer Nelson. This Orlando team is stacked and virtually covered in all respects except the crucial point guard position. I am sorry but Nelsons 20 points are absolutely useless to this team. They need a true out and out play making point guard with vision. There is no way you can beat top teams with a point guard who takes 200 dribbles while the rest of the team stands stagnate and then shoots off balance shots and fails to get others involved on the offensive end.

I am a neutral, I have no favorite team in the NBA, I just enjoy good basketball. Nelsons in ability to initiate offense was the most obvious and glaring shortcoming of Orlando. I lost count of the number of times he had 2-3 people wide open cutting/rolling to the rim etc and he would have his head down looking for his shot.

I know Orlando hasn't played with enough energy and some of their strategy has been questionable etc but their point guard play is by far the single most contributing factor to their losses.

Celtics should win the NBA championship again, their intensity and defense is just too tough for a very talented but soft laker squad.

Celtics play to their potential, its remarkable, and Orland simply cannot play to thier potential without a proper facilitator.

Howard isnt the issue, he will never be a great offensive player with amazing post moves. He just needs to be fed the ball in the right areas off pick and rolls.

IM POSTING THIS HERE SINCE THE SAME POST OF MINE IN MY THREAD WAS CLOSED BECAUSE OF MY CRITICISM OF NELSON? WHAT KINDA MORONS RUN THIS BOARD?

Your the moron, and your pretty stupid too.

GO MAGIC!!!

Anyone blaming Otis and SVG for this need to be taken out to the same shed the Orlando Magic was taken to tonight... and suffer same punishments they suffered (actually, they just need to get shot).

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!

Nkkah keep this attitude up and you aint winning nothing till you are alive.

GO NELSON hahahaha

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!

Nkkah keep this attitude up and you aint winning nothing till you are alive.

GO NELSON hahahaha

Again stupid, lmao, you aint winning nothing till you are alive? um what?

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Anyone blaming Otis and SVG for this need to be taken out to the same shed the Orlando Magic was taken to tonight... and suffer same punishments they suffered (actually, they just need to get shot).

Are you serious? Are you going to tell me that it is not a coach's job to motivate a team? Do you really think Smith did a great job picking players? Buttermilk I overestimated you. Pat Riley was correct to fire SVG. I am angry about this performace. In no way shape or form does the Magic look like a good team. SVG did a poor job with rotation, motivation and just about everything else.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:

Are you serious? Are you going to tell me that it is not a coach's job to motivate a team? Do you really think Smith did a great job picking players? Buttermilk I overestimated you. Pat Riley was correct to fire SVG. I am angry about this performace. In no way shape or form does the Magic look like a good team. SVG did a poor job with rotation, motivation and just about everything else.

You should be embarassed sporting a Rashard Lewis sig when hes been horrible this playoff series. Waste of a contract.

Our beloved point guard..

1 assist on a talented roster.

4 turnovers.

14 shots, the most on the team. (5 makes)

His opponent?

MVP of game.

w.e I wont blame this one on nelson, the whole team was equally bad. Just especially Howard and Nelson. Lewis a no show again. Carter too passive and not with it again.

quote:
Originally posted by The Jerm!:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:

You should be embarassed sporting a Rashard Lewis sig when hes been horrible this playoff series. Waste of a contract.

I am embarassed and ashamed. The announcers were correct. Magic put no effort at all in the series. If the team loses, so bet it, but dammit you play hard and go down with a fight. I can't wait until the Celtics play the Lakers, and the Lakers kick their old dumbass butts to Sunday.