Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

KEYS TO BEATING BOSTON

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

We need some spark.

Bass is our Savior.

If the guy who barely played all season is the best hope of a team with title aspirations then that team is screwed. Do what got you there.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

We need some spark.

Bass is our Savior.

If the guy who barely played all season is the best hope of a team with title aspirations then that team is screwed. Do what got you there.

T. Prince says what's up!

Remember when we were up 3-1 against Detroit and he who barely played that season played a lot of minutes to stop T-Mac.

I don't think Bass will be our savior, but if Lewis ****s every time he sees KG, we should then try Neo or Bass.

I hate that this team is better on paper but keeps getting owned.

The Magic look like they can't adjust or play with passion. The strategies look very flawed.

Whatever happened with Shard. He destroyed the Celtics last year. I know, KG and Sheed weren't there.. but come mon. Why can't he be consistent? Does he always have to either dominate or disappear? If Shard was making the Celtics work, maybe they would have less KG and Davis fouls to use slapping Howard in the paint, and just maybe he would open up the series for VC and the rest of the players.

I just wish Rashard played his game. I even wish he got into switches with Pierce so he could post Pierce up and take a couple of fouls from him. Davis is smaller than him as well.

Also, last year JJ Reddick was good on Allen, but he can't start this year because VC has to start. Looks like we might be slightly missing Hedo for this only series.

Wasn't Anthony Johnson effective vs the Celtis last year for a couple of stretches? He at least dunked on them. Gotta love when people other than Dwight dunk in this team.

Is Barnes injured? Is he taking out of his game by guarding Allen? Idk, we need his defense, his toughness, his putbacks, a couple of 3s here and there....

Is this team just proving critics right when they said the Magic won last year because KG was injured?

Do we really have to keep listening and reading about how Pierce taunts the Magic time and time again?

I think this series is pretty much over. The Magic have choked themselves into this situation. Sad thing is I don't think they will use all the talent they have and make this a series.

One thing the Magic have to remember is that they have their youth on their side. The Celtics starters are OLD with the exception of Rondo! They play OLD and if the Magic would push the ball for the first two quarters they could wear them out.

Dwight hasn't been running the floor like he is capable of doing. Jameer needs to push the ball before the Celtics defense gets set for at least the first 24 minutes and finding the open man rather than dribbling. That goes for J-will too. Can't figure that guy out but he's got dribble-itis too. And while Vince is known to do it too, it seems to be infecting him more so lately. His dribbling into the lane with 3 Celtics waiting has me baffled. Matt needs to make those lay-ups.

If Jameer and J-will find the open guys, JJ and Pietrus will get more shots than they have been and hopefully drop a few 3's to get into some rhythm. It starts with Jameer. And finally put Bass on Big Baby. It can't hurt.

It's probably not that simple but it's just my two cents worth from the living room of my house.

quote:
Originally posted by KingBeaterD12:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

Really I don't think Stan has been outcoached. And you saying that they are better signifies that. We would not have lost two close games if he was outcoached. We would have been blown out.

SVG has not come up with a plan to stop the Celtics offensively. Even JVG said that if SVG cannot come up with a better plan, and it will be a sweep. A loss is a loss regardless- a 3 point loss or 25 point blowout.

Im sorry, but did u just use something Jeff Van Gundy said to validate your point?

Bingo

we play to slow, dwight has to utilize his athleticism and speed to beat his man down the floor, after rebounds we need to force the tempo...THAT'S HOW ATLANTA OWNS BOSTON......RUN RUN RUN. make fat pierce, fat wallace, and fat perk sweat.

if we play slow, then its useless playing lewis at the 4, u gotta go gortat or bass, and play lewis at the 3. Lews defense has been good this series and pierce is owning our other defends cuz they too small

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

we play to slow, dwight has to utilize his athleticism and speed to beat his man down the floor, after rebounds we need to force the tempo...THAT'S HOW ATLANTA OWNS BOSTON......RUN RUN RUN. make fat pierce, fat wallace, and fat perk sweat.

if we play slow, then its useless playing lewis at the 4, u gotta go gortat or bass, and play lewis at the 3. Lews defense has been good this series and pierce is owning our other defends cuz they too small

Is this that hard to see? Or are the Magic that bad at pushing the ball?

Sometimes it looks like the team is afraid of running like they know they will blow the lay up. It's been one of my complaints since last year, how this team is unreliable at finishing at the basket. Funny thing is, running will turn out important considering this is the Celtics and the Lakers will be waiting on the other side... if the Magic ever make a comeback.

I just wish our team would play much faster. I feel like we could run them down if we push the ball moving it foward fast in transition. But we always slow the play down.

I dont think the old Celtics could keep up with us if we make them run 48 minutes.

People need to realize that the Magic already know what to do. It's just Boston is preventing them from doing it. The only way to stop guys from running is to take good shots, not turn the ball over a lot, and stop the ball in transition.

Isn't it possible that the Celtics are just.. doing that?

So far, KG is proving that he is the bigger difference maker from last year than Jameer. He has pretty much went from Lewis being the main thing they couldn't offensively stop to keeping him to out of the game completely.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

People need to realize that the Magic already know what to do. It's just Boston is preventing them from doing it. The only way to stop guys from running is to take good shots, not turn the ball over a lot, and stop the ball in transition.

So far, KG is proving that he is the bigger difference maker from last year than Jameer. He has pretty much went from Lewis being the main thing they couldn't offensively stop to keeping him to out of the game completely.

If that's the case, then everyone that said Boston would have won last year's series if KG played were right, and everyone that said KG has a bigger impact than Jameer too, as much as we hate it.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Is this that hard to see? Or are the Magic that bad at pushing the ball?

Sometimes it looks like the team is afraid of running like they know they will blow the lay up. It's been one of my complaints since last year, how this team is unreliable at finishing at the basket. Funny thing is, running will turn out important considering this is the Celtics and the Lakers will be waiting on the other side... if the Magic ever make a comeback.

they seem scared to screw up by running. everytime we rebound and jameer gets the ball he stops....he never tries to beat boston down the floor

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

no because in the 4th quarter of both games we've made boston take alot of hard shots, the magic just wont run