Sign in to follow this  
BMP

THE ANGRY POSTGAME THREAD MAY 22nd - bump for game 3 - time for off-season talk????

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

He wouldn't suddenly make the magic win a championship. I still don't understand your point. what's he going to tell us that we don't already know in terms of how to win a championship? how to take charges? give me a break.

you are still making up nonsense.

Non-sense. Hmmm. Not really. Teams do this all the time.

If we wanted someone to show us what it takes to win, why would you want Fisher of all people? He's been riding on Kobe's success for years.

Doesn't mean it works. I mean, are you completely forgetting that Jason Williams on this team? He's got a ring too.

Honestly I feel like anybody that does do this just try to come up with some cliche phrase or excuse on why to get some useless guy for cheap.

Then when you ask them "how is he going to bring you closer anymore than a guy with talent will?" nobody says anything.

quote:

Doesn't mean it works. I mean, are you completely forgetting that Jason Williams on this team? He's got a ring too.

Honestly I feel like anybody that does do this just try to come up with some cliche phrase or excuse on why to get some useless guy for cheap.

Then when you ask them "how is he going to bring you closer anymore than a guy with talent will?" nobody says anything.

Is Foyle useless? If so, why's he on this team? AJ? IMO, a guy like Fisher could be a great mentor, especially b/c he's been a team captain with stars before and has multiple rings. Would he bring charges, etc.? That's missing my point completely.

Who would he mentor then? Nelson? What does Fisher know about being a traditional point guard when all he's done was shoot 3's and play off of other people?

Do you really think he's a difference maker? I sure don't.

We don't know any actual 'advice' he would give that would even be relevant.

quote:

Who would he mentor then? Nelson? What does Fisher know about being a traditional point guard when all he's done was shoot 3's and play off of other people?

You're right. I don't know if he'd have any actual advice but my guess is he would be able to model good preparation and draw from his experience to share helpful insights with the guys.

Fisher is a revolving door on defense...and I know what having a revolving door at the PG position is like. He just doesn't have the foot speed to stay in front of his man. He would cause your team a lot more problems than he would help solve.

Is Foyle useless? No, but I also don't think he's a difference maker. He's a lot more relevant than Fisher though because he can relate to Howard. Who is Fisher going to relate to? Nelson? Nelson's done more already than Fisher's entire career of jacking jumpers.

We'll have a better chance with a spark off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

You're right. I don't know if he'd have any actual advice but my guess is he would be able to model good preparation and draw from his experience to share helpful insights with the guys.

I would prefer someone other than a guy who could have been replaced with Tyronn Lue during all of the Lakers' title runs.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

echo: I wasn't very welcome here and called every name in the book. Mistreated to no end....oh well. I can reset 100 posts of mine where I siad that this team was not built for the playoffs....half court offense, half court defense. We just weren't good enough. Hell, SVG said we were a jump shooting team. He knew it...I knew it....I told.....nevermind....nevermind.

Otis blew up a finals team....what does he do this year?

Were you here and saying any of this during the sweeps of Charlotte and Atlanta? That would have been the time to post this theory, complete with premonitions of what would happen in the later rounds.

But if not, you simply look like the free safety piling on after the play is over.

WRONG!!!!!

You can look up any number of threads from dec-feb where I said we would have a tough time vs Boston/Cavs/LA....were in this to win it all not "compete", right?

Hell, I was agreeing with our own coach that called us a basically a sissy jump shooting team!!!!!

This is a big fat I told you so.

quote:

quote:

quote:

echo: I wasn't very welcome here and called every name in the book. Mistreated to no end....oh well. I can reset 100 posts of mine where I siad that this team was not built for the playoffs....half court offense, half court defense. We just weren't good enough. Hell, SVG said we were a jump shooting team. He knew it...I knew it....I told.....nevermind....nevermind.

Were you here and saying any of this during the sweeps of Charlotte and Atlanta? That would have been the time to post this theory, complete with premonitions of what would happen in the later rounds.

But if not, you simply look like the free safety piling on after the play is over.

WRONG!!!!!

You can look up any number of threads from dec-feb where I said we would have a tough time vs Boston/Cavs/LA....were in this to win it all not "compete", right?

Hell, I was agreeing with our own coach that called us a basically a sissy jump shooting team!!!!!

It's funny because you actually care this much to come back and tell a bunch of people you don't know on the internet that your predictions (possibly right predictions for all the wrong reasons) were right.

It's **** near hilarious.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WRONG!!!!!

It's funny because you actually care this much to come back and tell a bunch of people you don't know on the internet that your predictions (possibly right predictions for all the wrong reasons) were right.

It's **** near hilarious.

you care enough to tell him how much you don't care

Okay... Im cooled off enough to vent a little...

First, we all know the officiating was horrible... Definitely jacked up the tempo of the game, a whistle every 30sec isnt something fun to watch...

Second, Joe "Im Gonna Get Ya Sucka" should be suspended... although its funny... its unsat as well..

Third, VC as good as you are... you have got to make your Free Throws... specially clutch time...

Fourth, W T F Jason Williams.... Your nickname is "White Chocolate" cause you took people to the rim.... Did you forget how to drive?

Taking the ball up to the 5ft marker behind the 3 line and then passing it to someone, and then stand there and become a spectator is not helping the team....

Rondo has been playing Free Safety because your not attacking the rim...

So please... J Will... Drive...

Last but not least...

Speaking of driving to the rim....

ATTACK THE BASKET !!!!!

When Perkins is sitting on the bench, that should be an automatic green light to penetrate the paint...

Also driving to the paint forces the Celtics to make a decisions and react, which usually leads to good things, like a open man when they collapse....

Other than that...

Im going to keep the faith until we lose 4 games.... I know we can win 4 straight games... we have the talent... we have the players... we have the coaching.... We just need to take the Nike approach.... "Just Do It"

And I think we will...

We are not done...