Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Leprechauns ECF GM1 5/16

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I feel bad because we lost, but this is the playoffs and we are in the ECF, so L's are normal, be it at home or on the road.

BUT... that last quarter gave me a good feeling about this series. Rust was all over the team in the first 3 quarters, little runs here and there but C's stopped them... but we showed some claws, unlike what the Cavs did. They quit. We didn't.

Heads up high Magic fans. It's just one game.

I was very discouraged when we were down 20. I am so glad our guys didn't lie down and take it. We shot horribly, and still managed to get back into the game. Yes, Boston came out and stole our home court, but I have no doubt we can win 2 games in their building.

Hopefully, this game woke us up. The Hawks were a cakewalk. I hope this loss lights a fire under us.

quote:
Originally posted by aJJa:

Hi

I m a Hedo fan. And i felt this. Now under pressure games started and Orlando can not use true balls. Vince is a great man. He scores a lot but he can not service the ball to the team and can not read the game as Hedo.

Vince is better than Hedo as personally but Hedo is better Orlando for success. Now 4th quarters and big matches are not easy to the Magic.

We saw, all man tried to make something but they couldnt because team has no brain, just strikers...

Sorry, i wanted to share my thoughts.

um, guess you did not watch the game. the forth quarter was not the problem it was the first half 12 to's 0-9 from three, magic had a long time off and were very rusty. were is hedo oh ya watching the playoffs from his couch cause his team did not make the playoff so he was not to great in the forth quarter for his team in fact din't he walk out on his team and go clubbing instead?

GO MAGIC!!!!

Can we all agree JJ should start for this series? This isn't a knock against Barnes, it's just JJ has a history of playing good D on Ray Ray. He also makes good decisions which is something all of our starters could learn from him.

On the plus side: we could've mailed it in in the fourth quarter, but we never gave up. This will be a hard-fought series.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

I h8 when people dont show up to play.

ESPECIALLY when it is your star. I can take Peaches (though he REALLY needs to work on those free throws...what is with that one leg in the air thing?) and company, but not him. Or Lewis, but mostly Howard.

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

Can we all agree JJ should start for this series? This isn't a knock against Barnes, it's just JJ has a history of playing good D on Ray Ray. He also makes good decisions which is something all of our starters could learn from him.

On the plus side: we could've mailed it in in the fourth quarter, but we never gave up. This will be a hard-fought series.

I feel start Barnes, see what he can do and basically 50/50 time with JJ....

quote:

definitely agree...JJ's energy and willingness to take it to the rim or draw charges is so valuable...and then he chases ray ray around like a puppy chasing its tail.

i think bill simmons said it best... sportsguy33

Didn't take a ton from Game 1. Thanks to Atlanta, Orlando came into Rd. 3 rusty-sloppy-entitled. Like going from rookie level to All-Madden.

quote:

JJ should start, absolutely. Last year showed he can play with Allen and Barnes didn't look well at all. We know JJ is one of the more well-conditioned players we have, so he isn't going to get tired.

JJ also hustles, something that was needed in the game. Too many balls got tipped up in the air or were just out of reach.

Tough loss, I feel okay though. We fought rust the first 3 quarters, and didn't play magic basketball. I'm still confident we could win the series.

This may not be a popular idea doing it this late in the season, but if Barnes is going to keep on laboring around, he looked a little gimpy, maybe we should start redick at the 2 and carter at the 3? When redick was in I thought we played really well, and he continued guarding Allen well.