Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Simmons Manages to Both Compliment and Insult, as Usual

The VC thing was good, but two things made me literally LOL:

quote:
....A. I tweeted that (Paul) Pierce should start telling people he's battling Lyme disease or pneumonia, even if it's not true.

quote:
....1. Their best player, Dwight Howard, cannot push a grocery cart through an aisle or walk across the street on a crosswalk without bowling over three people.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

The VC thing was good, but two things made me literally LOL:

quote:
....1. Their best player, Dwight Howard, cannot push a grocery cart through an aisle or walk across the street on a crosswalk without bowling over three people.

He should change that to three people running into him and flopping.

He also implies (outright says actually, but is careful as to not lose his job), that the NBA is rigged for big market team to beat Orlando

quote:
4. There are enough similarities between the 2002 Kings and 2010 Magic that someone could get a 1,200-word column out of it. Some definite "even though they had the best team on paper, they couldn't pull off four wins against an inferior big-market team, partly because nobody stepped up when it mattered, and partly because the league didn't want them to win" potential. I'm just sayin'.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

He also implies (outright says actually, but is careful as to not lose his job), that the NBA is rigged for big market team to beat Orlando

quote:
4. There are enough similarities between the 2002 Kings and 2010 Magic that someone could get a 1,200-word column out of it. Some definite "even though they had the best team on paper, they couldn't pull off four wins against an inferior big-market team, partly because nobody stepped up when it mattered, and partly because the league didn't want them to win" potential. I'm just sayin'.

That comparison shows we'll get screwed by the refs like the kings? If the ECF gets rigged , im done watching games.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

That comparison shows we'll get screwed by the refs like the kings? If the ECF gets rigged , im done watching games.

The NBA could have had Kobe v. LeBron last year, at the height of the Nike puppet commercials, and it didn't happen. If ever there were a time to rig a match-up, that was it.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The NBA could have had Kobe v. LeBron last year, at the height of the Nike puppet commercials, and it didn't happen. If ever there were a time to rig a match-up, that was it.

But the refs played their hearts out last year as i remember.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Read the end of the quote he says, "partly because the league didn't want them to win".

But yeah, how will we be able to prove it. It wont be outright rigged in plain sight. A few offensive fouls on Dwight Howard for trying to set up position (while the defender flops with his arms tangled), a few iffy moving screens, and Dwight has to sit half the game.

Then when you look at the replays, the stuff will "technically be a foul", so the announcers will side with the refs and blame Howard, instead of mentioning they never call moving screens anymore, or offensive fouls for trying to establish post position. We'll just be labeled as whiners and told to "play through it" (which is hard when Howard sits most of the 2nd half).

You'll see

quote:
But the refs played their hearts out last year as i remember.

Here is a youtube from last year of our Cavs-Magic series of Skip Blayless (no friend of ours) and two other talking heads on ESPN talking about how they're not the types to call out the refs, but the Cavs are getting an insane amount of calls and calling the integrity of the game into question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J4mZOcdDE

and we still won: we just had to hit huge shot over huge shot to overcome it, and Dwight had a ton of phantom calls in the ECF last year, Gortat just really stepped up

I don't think Stern is out to screw us this year.

*Unlike other teams that got screwed (i.e. Mark Cuban), he does have a healthy respect for Rich Devos.

*Lebron getted booted again this year might be good thing if he gets fed up and moves his act to NY.

*The Magic Vs. Lakers Finals drew good ratings despite one team coming from a smaller market.

*Dwight is the clean cut image the league wants to promote.

*The team is opening a state of the art Arena that Stern will not mind showing off to other cities who need upgraded facilities. Defending NBA champs in a new Arena!