Sign in to follow this  
patport21

Stopping Rondo

I know we aren't in the ECF and neither is Boston... but this should bring some good convo... how will we go about not letting Rondo do what he is doing to the Cavs right now (AKA keeping the series tied)?

I know we aren't in the ECF and neither is Boston... but this should bring some good convo... how will we go about not letting Rondo do what he is doing to the Cavs right now (AKA keeping the series tied)?

quote:
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

Logout: orlandomagiczone.com

Update LiveCloud Account

by not playing Mo Williams or Rafer Alston

quote:
Originally posted by patport21:

They have put Parker on him and that didn't work...

Dumb move... Parker's too slow for Rondo. On half-court sets he's much better than Mo, but Moon/LeBron would probably be their best guys to defend Rondo. Both are extremely athletic and have enough length to bother him on most shots.

but... Mike Brown... let's put a 34 year old to play against a speed demon for 42 minutes, maybe that'll work.

LeBron, Jameer's Injury, Ray Allen's Injury, hoMo's crying made Mo an All star at one point and LeBron made Mr. Potatohead get COY too...

You think the defensive player of the year is going to let Rondo do half the **** he's doing on Cleveland?

Their inside defense is horrid; Shaq isn't going to cut it.

I think it's a bit simpler, back the heck off him and dare him to take every single jumper he wants. If he's hitting then you know what you live with it. As long as he is not getting into the lane and tearing the defense apart with his passing.

That and Jameer making him work on D.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I think it's a bit simpler, back the heck off him and dare him to take every single jumper he wants. If he's hitting then you know what you live with it. As long as he is not getting into the lane and tearing the defense apart with his passing.

That and Jameer making him work on D.

The Perkins and Garnett set wonderful screens (even if they're moving... but so does Howard, so whatever) and angle it so it makes it hard for you to go under (especially where they set them). Granted you SHOULD go under every screen set, sometimes it's easier said than done. The Cavs aren't putting enough pressure on him and he's making them pay.

Plus, he's a great player. Can't really act as if this guy is just being handed these points/rebounds/assists. He has become a great PG.

I haven't been able to catch any Cavs game these Playoffs.

Can someone give me a recap of how they are doing, both offensively and defensively?

I see a comment about a horrible inside D from LeBrick... how will that work for us? Shaq is a tough, heavy body for Dwight to handle. But will it leave a wide open gap for, say, MvP, Jameer, Vince... even Shard?

Mo and Antwan aren't good defenders, and LeBron only shows up on D occasionally, when he likes to be on Sportscenter with 10 replays of a chasedown block, but man-to-man D isn't his best weapon. Can Jameer and Rashard exploit that weakness in Mo and Antwan?

We all know that Shaq's biggest defensive problem is guarding the pick and roll, and we are polishing that aspect of our game to perfection these days.

So tell me, how are the Cavs looking against us, that is, if they finish off the Celtics.

Which leads me to another question, how are the Celtics looking? I've only been able to catch one game, against the Heat where Paul Pierce hit that winner.

I have not been able to watch any of the cavs-Celt series, but I'd try to go under the screen and let him take jump shots all day.