Sign in to follow this  
Chase

So were supposed to LOSE in order to be a Champion????

the cavs didn't lose last year because they swept the two first series. they lost because the magic were the better team.

the same thing will happen this year. we just don't know who the better team will be, but it won't depend on what happened in the previous series.

we're humans and we just like to link every **** thing together.

Apparently if you cant dunk as high, strong and spectacular as Lebron/the Cavs, and if you cant make turnaround jump shots with hands in your face like Kobe/the Lakers, then you cant be as good as them.

They think if you cant play as spectacular and flashy, you cant be too good.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

People are comparing us to the Cavs of last year, but the thing is we dont have a any mismatch problems against the cavs or Boston. So not the same situation.

I would say lebron is a mismatch lol, as dwight is for them. In my opinion its going to come down to how well Jamier and Mo play(shoot)

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

I also just heard on ESPN radio that the Cavs have the best bench and best defense in the NBA. No mention of Orlando. I don't know who it was, but for him to say that like it was 100% fact was nuts. Cleveland does have a good bench and good defense, but so does Orlando, and I think it's very debateable at the very least.

Meh... Cleveland's bench is overrated.

That team looks like the Washington Wizards to me with LeBron on it. Not saying they're not a good team, but take LeBron off and that team struggles to make the playoffs.

The Magic bench on the other hand can start on a lot of playoff teams. They're absurd.

The criticism the Magic are recieving for winning (ie. not being challenged)in my mind seems to be an unconscious (or conscious) way of validating the Cavs' and Lakers' play thus far in he playoffs.

Barrung re Celtics beating the Cavs, The biggest difference between Cavs/Magic is coaching. SVG knows how to adjust and Mike Brown does not. That will be their downfall.

Last year the Cavs beat the opponents 4-0 on the 1st and 2nd round, but you never heard how easy their opponents were, you just heard how good they were till the lucky magic team beat them.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

the cavs didn't lose last year because they swept the two first series. they lost because the magic were the better team.

/thread

They say there's proof that we are in the cavs position last year?

Cleveland had trouble with the bull(sort of?)and won.

We had problems with 76ers last year and won.

Cleveland swept teams last year and lost.

were sweeping teams this year and we.....?

Their facing boston in the second round and.....?

We faced boston last year in the second round and won

They are probably going to face us in ECF,so they will win because were streaking too early and facing easy opponents with crappy players and coaches?Just like the cavs did last year?

***!! These are crazy assumptions to make in the playoffs against a improved team like the magic.The cavs are struggling because the only player on that team that can contribute is James.

The rest of his team are spectators.The magic are wining because the WHOLE team is pitching in.So we have to lose to win a championship?Tell that to the lakers who swept teams and won in the Kobe/shaq era. Basically their saying the cavs will come out of the east because their struggling?And were too hot to be considered championship contenders?It make no sense.As a magic fan,im insulted by all this BullS***.But just like D12,im not going to get frustrated at the world for wanting a NBA finals that Kobe/james go at each other. icon_confused.gif

The Cavs aren't struggling. They beat the Bulls in 5 games. They're up 2-1 on Boston. Yeah they got blown out on their home floor but the great equalizer...they returned the favor.