Sign in to follow this  
DFlight

Sounds and Music you want to hear at Orlando games

So, is it me or has the Magic had the same game time sounds, music and so on for the last 10 years? Post what kind of sounds or music you'd like to hear in the stadium during the game!

For example, if someone makes a free throw, you'd hear them play the 1 UP mushroom sound effect from Super Mario Bros.

I myself ..notice Dwight, Vince, Pietrus, or whoever, look at their hand when like it's on fire, I for one would enjoy hearing a short clipped version of this blare in the background.

So, is it me or has the Magic had the same game time sounds, music and so on for the last 10 years? Post what kind of sounds or music you'd like to hear in the stadium during the game!

For example, if someone makes a free throw, you'd hear them play the 1 UP mushroom sound effect from Super Mario Bros.

I myself ..notice Dwight, Vince, Pietrus, or whoever, look at their hand when like it's on fire, I for one would enjoy hearing a short clipped version of this blare in the background.

That's just irritating.

That's like the Q in Cleveland. They play more sound effects there than the guy from Police Academy.

A few years ago I went to a "silent game" at the arena-- no background noise or music at all. They announced and led some cheers, but otherwise we got to listen to the sounds of the game. You could hear the ball, the shoes squeaking, the players yelling, and you could even talk to your neighbor without screaming to be heard over the music. It was great. Like a sporting event instead of a very bad entertainment feature.

quote:
Originally posted by ReaL_B3rT0:

we should steal that mysterious sound when Cavs make a free throw, it sounds like a type of animal or something

I think that's the sound of a sword swishing up and down. Makes sense at least since the sword on the logo and all.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

A few years ago I went to a "silent game" at the arena-- no background noise or music at all. They announced and led some cheers, but otherwise we got to listen to the sounds of the game. You could hear the ball, the shoes squeaking, the players yelling, and you could even talk to your neighbor without screaming to be heard over the music. It was great. Like a sporting event instead of a very bad entertainment feature.

I'd love to hear the sounds of the game too. I want to hear Van Gundy from the top of his lungs, Dwights yelp when driving to the hoop, and Barnes incessant trash talking or whoever is heckling the refs/other players.

quote:

we should steal that mysterious sound when Cavs make a free throw, it sounds like a type of animal or something

I hate that noise

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

I hate that noise

I also hate the sound they play when the cavs hit a three. Or the announcer who starts the DE-FENSE chant. Rage!

I also think the music/soundless idea is pretty good. Specially when howard rises up for a huge dunk. Love that sound!