Sign in to follow this  
Sir Raven

We're Better without Carter..

Vince can be frustrating at times. I don't think we can expect him to be our go to guy every night. His style of play can shift quarter by quarter. When he diversifies his game and drives to the rack, that is when he brings the most output for us. He has proven not to be consistent with this, relying on questionable shot selection to get points on the board.

With that said, it looks like VC has saved his heart for the postseason. I see more drive in him than during the regular season and he's making much better decisions with how he attacks the opposition's defense. Maybe it's because he can see the light at the end of the tunnel, a chance for some hardware. Whatever it is, I hope he can continue to be as productive and sustain the fire in his eyes for the rest of the playoffs.

EDIT: oh, and I think we are better with Carter. Skip can either be totally on point with something or be completely wrong...I think he's 100% wrong with his VC argument.

I dont think we really have a real superstar player..everyone on this team is a role player including dwight, vince, nelson, shard and the others. That's why we are a championship team. Nobody on our team has to score 25pts every single night. WE'll need a lot from SUperman against the Atlanta Hawks. In ECF we'll need vince to score +25-30 pts (shaq is capable of defending Dwight) against the lakers, we'll need everyone on our team. Skip sux!

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

I will agree he is taking a Lewis type style of play he is waiting for the game to come to him now at times

Can Lewis creat his own shots like jameer and vc?

its true that vc takes some bad shots sometimmes but who doesnt?

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

I dont think we really have a real superstar player..everyone on this team is a role player including dwight, vince, nelson, shard and the others. That's why we are a championship team. Nobody on our team has to score 25pts every single night. WE'll need a lot from SUperman against the Atlanta Hawks. In ECF we'll need vince to score +25-30 pts (shaq is capable of defending Dwight) against the lakers, we'll need everyone on our team. Skip sux!

I agree with a lot in this post. Except for the fact that Dwight isn't a superstar. He practically is our defense. On the offensive end, sure, one could argue that he is NOT a superstar on that front. When Dwight is off the floor, our hoop is like a black hole for the opposition...unless we have an uncharacteristic run of tenacious D.

Dwight's back should hurt after every game from carrying us on defense. His effort on the boards is second to none and he IS solid in the post. He is the face of our team and I do believe he is our superstar. With maturity and hunger to progress his skills, he will be great.

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

I will agree he is taking a Lewis type style of play he is waiting for the game to come to him now at times

Can Lewis creat his own shots like jameer and vc?

Yes... he has a decent post game and can take slower players off the dribble as he has done all season (and all of his career, really).

Really bmp? Rashard is a great shooter, and does have a decent post game. But to say he can create his own shots LIKE VC or Jameer is a bit wrong..

Dont get me wrong, he can create his own shot sometimes, he has that jab step/pump fake to shoot a 3, and can occasionally get a step on the defender, and rarely posts up. But to the level of Vince's ability to create is flat out wrong. And Jameer can seperate for his own jumper on most opposing PGs.

i have never been a big fan of vc, but has he made the magic better? absolutely. the team is much better when he is playing agressive. i would take him any day over hedo.

ThuglifeJ is actually saying something positive and true about Jameer?

TAKE PICS.

in all honesty, can you REALLY trust carter? yes he's been clutch... IN THE REGULAR SEASON, but can you trust him in the playoffs? this has yet to be seen. bobcats and the hawks don't mean ****. if he shows up against the cavs (which I have my doubts on), i'll believe it when i see it, but I honestly count on him disapearing next round.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

Vince can be frustrating at times. I don't think we can expect him to be our go to guy every night. His style of play can shift quarter by quarter. When he diversifies his game and drives to the rack, that is when he brings the most output for us. He has proven not to be consistent with this, relying on questionable shot selection to get points on the board.

Unlike in January, when VC gets double teamed, which happens frequently he passes the ball to the free man. In January and sometimes before that even, he would still be aggressive and try to score with wild shots out of the double team.

Watching him nowadays, when he gets the ball and his not double teamed he wants to go the rim, bu twhen he gets double teamed he does not force the issue and rather gets the ball to his teammates.

Later on that might look bad on the scoreboard, seeing he didnt take much shots, but this style of play suits better this team because we have so many other great players. VC getting double teamed opens up alot of plays, he doesnt have to be our Kobe Bryant - just find the open man at the right time and we succeed, his boxscore and total points might not look impressive passing out of the double team but the team wins.