Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

You heard it here first

My guess darko moves for a high first to be used on either brewer (most likely), horford or noah. I dont think the team is going to want to strap their future to a guy for 8-10 million per year for 5 years when he isnt motivated. (Granted he was being coached by schemp and had no chance of developing). Maybe they can squeeze a late first this year or next for him also and fill a need.

My guess darko moves for a high first to be used on either brewer (most likely), horford or noah. I dont think the team is going to want to strap their future to a guy for 8-10 million per year for 5 years when he isnt motivated. (Granted he was being coached by schemp and had no chance of developing). Maybe they can squeeze a late first this year or next for him also and fill a need.

quote:
can squeeze

Darko will not be remotely like Corey Brewer. Corey is like a really skinny version of T-mac. Corey is great on defense and very quick. I don't think Darko can run up and down the courts like Corey can or force the kind of steals that he does.

I wouldn't really compare him to anyone like Horford or Naoh (not saying Darko is worse than them, he's not). Horford is very built PF that has a nice mid-range shot. He's very aggressive, which is something Darko really isn't (he's a bit of a softie). However, Darko has very nice shot and can make the 3. Something Al can't.

Noah has absolutely no shot. It's a side spin ugly thing, really. He didn't improve at all from the 2006 championship season to the 2007 one. He was exactly the same player. I guess you could say he's like Dwight in that he only scores through layups and dunks, not jumpshots. But Dwight is a beast compared to Noah, who is relatively skinny.

Darko will be good in creating mis-matches at the perimeter where he can make shots (B Hill wouldn't let him take shots). It should space out the floor and give room for Dwight.

brewer would be nice but a 21yr old 7 footer with skills and def is to rare to trade.

If darko is going to make anything over 11 million then may be but if he is 8-11 ok...

Darko needs to be put back out on the perimeter like where he showed he can be a player the second half of 05-06. He showed he has a wonderful touch from outside and is an excellent high post passer. Last year Hill stuck him down in the post all too often. It's important to have Darko with a post game which he showed he is developing, but his greatest contributions to the Magic are outside.

Darko high post, Dwight low post and with time to grow together could make a nice match. Not making a skill comparison here, but remember when Ho Grant got here in 1994? Inside to Shaq...double from the opposing PF...double team outlet from Shaq to Grant...18 footer...now take it out!

I definately think you'll see Darko back in a Magic uni next year. The removal of Hill as HC probably went a long way to making that happen. You could tell at times last year that even though he struggled for stretches, he was very frusturated with the way he was being used.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

I dont think the team is going to want to strap their future to a guy for 8-10 million per year for 5 years when he isnt motivated.

I don't know that the contract will be 5 years, but IMO Milicic stays unless there is a block buster trade that we can't refuse. Yes, we will pay between 8m and 10m.

I don't like the idea that he smokes(if that's true). I do believe Darko is uncomfortable because of the language barrier and not that he isn't motivated.

Keep in mind that Brian Hill would yell at Darko in English during a game and I'm sure much of it he did not understand. I don't think any of us would have handled that situation well.

The only big complaint I have with Darko is that he didn't kick Brian in the you know what.